The new best headlight

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i could give it a try hole looks big enough for it to fit in :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
now you see my problem or lack of it at speed you just can not see far enough at speed with them as they dont out put what they say they do.

even down the canal the speed im going in the dark if some one is going the same way buy the time i see them with the light i have it will be to late to even try braking and splat.

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
Well I disagree, for the not so fast among us it's perfect, so perfect that av just ordered another one, I ride along the canal at 6.30am and it's pitch black, this wee light lights up the path very well and on the way home at 5.30pm I use the strobe function just as a wee eye-catcher.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I think it's the "one Light solution" that's the problem. In the past my best has been one on the bike and one on my helmet. The bike light illuminating the general direction of travel and the helmet light lighting up where I am looking...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Well I disagree, for the not so fast among us it's perfect, so perfect that av just ordered another one, I ride along the canal at 6.30am and it's pitch black, this wee light lights up the path very well and on the way home at 5.30pm I use the strobe function just as a wee eye-catcher.
I haven't said that it isn't perfect for that use. I agree that it is, and still recommend buying one.
If you took the time to actually read what I have written, then you would have noticed that. :)

I think it's the "one Light solution" that's the problem. In the past my best has been one on the bike and one on my helmet. The bike light illuminating the general direction of travel and the helmet light lighting up where I am looking...
I know what you are saying, but it has never been an issue with the Fenix.

Sadly as said before, a helmet light would never work for my use. It would just become a liabity in respect of head strikes. Also when riding in a group, the issue then becomes having to either turn the light off when stopping for what ever reason, or not looking directly at other riders in the group. It doesn't sound much, but it would soon become an annoyance.

Sadly I guess that everything is ultimately a compromise.

maybe if you lot stopped hooning around forests in the middle of the night up to your armpits in muck you`d find d8vehs light more than adequate,

eh??!
There is no point owning an eMTB if you aren't going to use it for six months of the year. Some of us have to work in the day time, so night ridng is the only option.

Besides, life is too short not to get out and play. :)

Last edited:

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
I haven't said that it isn't perfect for that use. I agree that it is, and still recommend buying one.
If you took the time to actually read what I have written, then you would have noticed that. :)

I know what you are saying, but it has never been an issue with the Fenix.

Sadly as said before, a helmet light would never work for my use. It would just become a liabity in respect of head strikes. Also when riding in a group, the issue then becomes having to either turn the light off when stopping for what ever reason, or not looking directly at other riders in the group. It doesn't sound much, but it would soon become an annoyance.

Sadly I guess that everything is ultimately a compromise.

There is no point owning an eMTB if you aren't going to use it for six months of the year. Some of us have to work in the day time, so night ridng is the only option.

Besides, life is too short not to get out and play. :)

Maybe I didn't read the post correctly (i blame the wine ) so I apologise, still a cracking wee light though, cheers

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hey SW have you sorted the lights out yet? Or are you staying in at night?
Have just ordered this to replace the one that was nicked, and will end up with 2 crapy battery packs in place of the 4 good cells and battery box you recommended .
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G6OQMDC/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_2

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
dont get my new one till 27th with the rest of the bits i have orderd so no night riding atm also the weather here is rain anyway.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Fair weather rider :oops:.

• :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id go out now if i could fkn see lol not that any one has posted vids at 1am :)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Very bright . I rode the canal towpath with plenty of illumination. All the dog walkers stopped and turned their backs to me.. ignorant lot!
If I get out tomorrow night I will take a photo, but for the price it is good

• :D

Re tyred

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
in my house
Just got this from Mr Prime..
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G6OQMDC/ref=pe_1909131_77697001_tnp_email_TE_AMZLdp_3
Came with battery and charger, tried it tonight and it is a pretty good light and ran for an hour and 20 mins on full and is still showing 3 Leds on the back.

Very bright . I rode the canal towpath with plenty of illumination. All the dog walkers stopped and turned their backs to me.. ignorant lot!
If I get out tomorrow night I will take a photo, but for the price it is good

Re tyred

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
in my house
Sorry my bad still getting used to reply thing lol at your gòod for price Phil I just got a set of lights and a bike workstand for 1 pence more than the 14 99 you paid for lights and the light is excellent