Thinking of an eBike for commuting.

Ashley750

Pedelecer
May 12, 2018
Kenilworth
Just joined this forum, as my employer is part of cyclesheme, and I live fairly close to work (7.5 miles, avoiding main roads). I feel guilty driving, but don't want to get to work needing to have a shower!

Started looking at sub £1000 bikes, but now wondering if I might be better off converting my old Raleigh Stonefly MTB with a front hub kit, or getting a more road biased hybrid to convert?

Will no doubt be posting in the conversion section soon :).

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
welcome to the forum Ashley.

D

Deleted member 4366

That's a pretty good bike as far as conversions go, but I think you'll find a rear motor to be much better than a front one.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
How about our Kudos Rapide...I have a couple of ex-demos that would sell for less than £1k. The spec is ideal for commuting.
Just sold one today to an older guy who is commuting 9 miles per day.
The BPM motor gives a lot of grunt for hill climbing.
KudosDave

KwikFold

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2018
Midlands
www.kwikfold.co.uk
Just joined this forum, as my employer is part of cyclesheme, and I live fairly close to work (7.5 miles, avoiding main roads). I feel guilty driving, but don't want to get to work needing to have a shower!

Started looking at sub £1000 bikes, but now wondering if I might be better off converting my old Raleigh Stonefly MTB with a front hub kit, or getting a more road biased hybrid to convert?

Will no doubt be posting in the conversion section soon :).
Hi Ashley,

Welcome to Pedelecs, as you are using your e-bike for commuting I thought I'd drop a message as this is one of our main markets.

The Xite 3 is a fantastic folding e-bike perfect for your 7.5 mile commute.

I would be careful with front hub kits, many e-bike users prefer rear hub as it provides a gentle push rather than a gentle pull.

Have a look at our website and let me know what you think...
https://www.kwikfold.co.uk

Ashley750

Pedelecer
May 12, 2018
Kenilworth
How about our Kudos Rapide...I have a couple of ex-demos that would sell for less than £1k. The spec is ideal for commuting.
Just sold one today to an older guy who is commuting 9 miles per day.
The BPM motor gives a lot of grunt for hill climbing.
KudosDave
Dave,

That sound's interesting. Do you work with Cycle Scheme?