Throttle fitting on a PAS bike

pamacs24

Just Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Sorry if this has been asked before, feel free to point me to the right thread, but I am looking for information on whether a throttle can be fitted on a bike with PAS (just bought a cute little folding bike, I use it for commute and love it, but struggle on uphill dead stops to start quickly in heavy traffic, pressures from inpatient London drivers, etc). I im no way technically minded enough to do such a thing myself, so if there's a possibility, I am looking for recommendations for a workshop who would do it in or near London.

Thank

D

Deleted member 4366

It can probably be done, but couldn't say without seeing your bike and dismantling some things to see what it has. A good e-bike shop would charge about £30 to £50 for doing it including the cost of the throttle. I wouldn't go near the Electric Transport Shop (TETS). It seems that they charged one of our forum members £600 to fit a 75p pedal sensor, though he did eventually get his money back because the whole kit that they fitted was totally unsuitable.

pamacs24

Just Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Thanks for this. I have a hardly used new throttle that I bought for my old Eezee bike in its last months before it finally gave up the ghost. Do you think that could be used, are these things exchangeable? If I took pictures of my bike would that help answering the questions and if so, which parts of the electronics are relevant here? I might even have some sort of diagram in the user's manual, I will have to dig it out.

D

Deleted member 4366

Pictures always help. All throttles work the same, so if your motor controller has a connector for one, then it's just a case of joining the wires. That's if you can physically fit the throttle. Sometimes there isn't enough room on the handlebars because of the shape of the brakes or gear shifter.