Throttle wiring.

No Charge

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 3, 2017
Thame
Hi again, looking at Aliexpress the Eunorau 15 Amp controller @ $33 and the passion led 880 controller @ $18 look like they might work for me. Presumably you can program wheel size in?
Any advice most welcome:) Robert.
Any advice very welcome.

No Charge

Sep 3, 2017
Thame
Hello yet again! Can you check out con 63 sinewave converter from green bike kit. Looks just the job for me:)

D

Deleted member 4366

Your controller is 13A max. The 28.0 is meant to be the cut-off voltage, but it's just a bad translation.

You can use any controller up to about 18A. The Con63 is the S06S that BMSBattery sell. That's not a bad price with the LCD, but the shipping will take it up to about £60 (guess). You get more choice of LCDs at BMSB, but at a a cost.

Be aware that sometimes you can't connect colour to colour on the motor hall and phase wires, so you have to experiment to find the right combination. If your motor clicks, stutters, vibrates or spins at 80 mph, you have to change the combination.

I just ordered three controllers from GBK. It worked out at £31 each including shipping, but I may get caught for duty., which would add about £5 to each.

Last edited by a moderator:

No Charge

Sep 3, 2017
Thame
Thanks. Have ordered con 63 with lcd from GBK. Picked £11 postage so under £50. Hope it gets here without duty.
Must say original controller is very smooth indeed, but a bit short on features.
The battery is nearly half the weight of my trusty hopper's, and the disc brakes and front suspension make a huge difference, though with some range loss I expect.

No Charge

Sep 3, 2017
Thame
Progress (or lack of it so far):(
Received con 63 with great speed from green bike kit yesterday.
unfortunately, no combinations of phase and hall sensors I can find produce a quiet and smooth running motor with any significant power.
The display fires up and would be great, but looks like this attempt to remedy my problems is going to bite the dust.
C'est la vie!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Progress (or lack of it so far):(
Received con 63 with great speed from green bike kit yesterday.
unfortunately, no combinations of phase and hall sensors I can find produce a quiet and smooth running motor with any significant power.
The display fires up and would be great, but looks like this attempt to remedy my problems is going to bite the dust.
C'est la vie!
How many combo's have you tried as there are 36.
Phase-Hall-Wire-Combinations.png

No Charge

Sep 3, 2017
Thame
Thanks for info. There may well be one or I haven't tried!
I'll have another shot , should be more exhaustive and more logical with this guide.
Must say it's easy to lose the plot on this. Certainly are more than I tried . Thanks for chart as the pas system is the one I wouod prefer.

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't give it full throttle until you get a combination that gives smooth normal motor function.

No Charge

Sep 3, 2017
Thame
Result!! Great stuff - found 3 choices which seem very similar. To be expected perhaps? It is a new area for me with what I now see to be torque sensitive. Certainly what I was looking for. Will make new connections next to tidy it up- but thanks to you all for your help.Robert.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Another satisfied ebiker :).

D

Deleted member 4366

Could you tell us what combination worked. It'll save someone else a lot of pain.

No Charge

Sep 3, 2017
Thame
By all means. The one I used was , from controller to motor . Phase - blue to blue.
, green to yell, yell to green.
From controller- to halls - Blue to yell, GN to GN, and yell to blue.
The simulated torque facility is fantastic.thanks again Robert.