Thule Easybase and bicycle racks

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
After my 3-bike rack was totalled in France in September I've been searching for a new solution/replacement.

Thule do an interesting towbar mounted base system to which can be added all sorts of carrying accessories.
There used to be a bike rail accessory, but for some reason they no longer do it.
https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/cargo-carrier/towbar-cargo-carriers

Has anybody here had one of these and would an ordinary roof rack type bike rail fit it?

Cheers, Tony.

Rohloffboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2015
North West.
Yep the Thule easy base looks a good system.
We got the Thule EuroClassic Pro about 15 years ago, which has been a brilliant piece of kit, it can take upto 3 Bikes, but is also compatible with the Thule Back Up Box 900, we got the Back Up box for a trip to France back in 2008, but soon sold it when we returned, for my car the Back Up Box was not the ideal solution, great idea though.

If I was going for a tow ball mounted bike carrier today, it would be the Westfailia P60 like the Thule EuroClassic, it folds away when not in use.

Auxtail

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2017
Milton Keynes
Yes Westfalia BC60 has a box option and a 3rd bike extension as well.
As this is an electrics forum, please be careful about weights. 3 electrics on a towball is not a good idea. 60Kg based on 2 bikes is the most the germans allow.