tonaro bighit

swamptheng666

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2013
Hello all.
I've just got a tonaro bighit for 250 quid. Trouble is, the the controller thing on the left hand handlebar doesn't respond properly (the leds don't do what you tell em) and the motor randomly cuts in and out.
Does anyone know how to get replacement parts? Also, I wouldn't mind upgrading to 48 volts if this can be done. I'm reasonably literate in fixing electronic stuff but don't know about the specs and compatibility of parts with electric bikes.
Electric bikes are great but I love the simplicity of my nice ally specialized.
Best wishes
Simon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you need to check the battery connections.
It may be possible to upgrade to 48V but the cost of the new battery alone is more than what you paid for your BigHit.

swamptheng666

Mar 19, 2013
Yeah, pricey for a new battery. Anyway, I have a feeling that the controller on the bars may have gone wonky and wondered if I could get another one.
Thanks for replying.
All the best
Simon

• Agree
Reactions: atheo
D

Deleted member 4366

If the LEDs keep switching off, it's most likely the battery that's causing it. You need to measure the battery's voltage.

Tonaros are dead easy to fix because they use standard Chinese parts. To go to 48v, you need a 48v battery and controller.

Can you be more specific about how the LEDs behave and when?

swamptheng666

Mar 19, 2013
If it keeps switching off, it's most likely the battery that's causing it. You need to measure the battery's voltage.

Tonaros are dead easy to fix because they use standard Chinese parts. To go to 48v, you need a 48v battery and controller.

swamptheng666

Mar 19, 2013
Would that explain the unresponsive led display? Also, do you know where I can get compatible parts?
Thanks
Happy cycling
Simon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Simon, can you post a picture of your LED panel?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You need to answer the questions rather than ask them.
Some people can't help themselves, they just don't listen or read what is asked of them. Makes you wonder sometimes if your wasting your time :(.

swamptheng666

Mar 19, 2013
Some people can't help themselves, they just don't listen or read what is asked of them. Makes you wonder sometimes if your wasting your time :(.
I hope you aren't down-hearted about your friends on the site. I mean, most people are really helpful and into it. Anyway, that's the personal angle. I've got to take pics of this 'deviant ' bike.
Best wishes
Simon

swamptheng666

Mar 19, 2013
Hey thanks everyone. I think I have a better idea of how it works and, because of your help, have found a place to get parts. Catch up later. Simon