Tonaro Enduro Review

Lee C

Just Joined
May 22, 2011
Hello,
This is my first thread on here and it's a review on the tonaro enduro electric bike, which was purchased from powerpedals, thanks Phil! Not sure where to start with the review, overall i am so far very pleased with the bike, i've had it now for around 2 months and i use it to commute to work, and it's a long commute, very hilly and a real test. This bike gets me there in good time considering the distance. I'm in my early 40's and suffer badly with asthma, on my old normal mountain bike i found i was regularly gasping for breath each time i reached the summit of a big hill, at the top i was almost collapsing, this really bothered me, i have cycled all my life and have never driven by choice, i have always liked the freedom of cycling, but as i've got older my asthma has worsened, i really wanted to cycle to work and not keep getting the bus and taxi, i thought it was near on impossible because the journey to work here was so punishing, the hills are phenomenal where i live in north devon and my bike was gathering dust, then i found out about the tonaro electric bikes via the web, i was very curious and met up with Phil from powerpedals, he kindly let me have the bike for a day or two so i could check it out and then return it. The enduro is a great little bike, now when i get to the top of these monster hills, my breathing is a lot calmer and my legs are doing all the work, you really do get a good workout on your legs with the pedal assist, which is just what i wanted, good solid exercise without knackering yourself out. The only thing in my opinion that i would change, is the weight of the bike, besides that it seems a very good purchase, i've gotta go, feel free to ask any questions, i'll be more than happy to help - i will be back soon to go into more details on the review, thanks
Lee

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi i am so pleased you like your Tonaro Enduro ,only i have bought the Tonaro Bighit model and eagerly await delivery some time this week,is it as good on hills as people say,and does the battery hold the charge ok, also are the tyres special and offer some resistance to a puncture,very best wishes Brian.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I have had my Enduro for 4 weeks now and have done about 200 miles.
Dislikes:
The saddle. A real crotch cruncher like so many bikes inadvisably have. Replaced with a Rido saddle, not as good as it could be, but much better than the original.
No rear mudguard, I have bodged one from parts of a MTB mudguard bought in Tescos.
Problems.
The charger gave up the ghost, Phil at powerpedals is sending a replacement.
The rest of the bike is fantastic. Solidly made, 8 gears, disc brakes, zoom front forks.
This bike will climb anything. I live in Swansea, we don't really have many flat parts. It climbed a 1 in 5 hill in bottom gear with me pedalling, still sitting in the saddle (I am 68 years old and not at all fit and 104 kilos)
The bike has throttle and pedelec. The pedelec has three settings, low, medium and high. On our few flat bits, low assistance is sufficient to reach cut off speed.
All 200 watts are always available, no matter how much your assistance tails off.
As far as I can see, Panasonic cannot deliver this sort of performance.
Powerpedals give excellent long distance service. Highly recommended.