Torq II?

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
nigel

by miles hellon
How much do you weigh, Nigel? 14 stone 5ft 6ins:D :) 50 yrs 50 to go? Hi flecc hope to get my torq in a few weeks and have bought some more marathon plus tyres for bike could you tell me if there will be any problems in changing over to different tyres ie front hub drive are there any wires to dissconect or snip:eek: on the twist is was nice and easy thanx flecc nigel.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No wires to disconnect Nigel, just make sure you don't pull on the ones coming out of the front spindle. At the front, release the V brake cable, then there's an anti-rotation plate with an allen bolt securing it which you need to undo, then loosen both wheel nuts well. Those front wheel nuts need an open-end 18 mm spanner, a somewhat unusual size, often not included in spanner sets. If in difficulty with that, see here.

To avoid pulling on the wires, gently prise the harness out of the L clips on the fork so there's some slack, then lay the bike on it's left side. When you remove the wheel then, you'll find enough slack on the wiring harness to do the tyre change.

Then reverse the procedure, engaging the thread a little on the anti-rotation plate first. Then tighten the wheel nuts evenly, a bit each side at a time, making sure you don't over-tighten them or tighten one much more than the other.

Finally it's the harness back into place behind the L clips.

On the back wheel there's the hub brake. When the bike's new it's sometimes a bit difficult lifting out the stirrup at the end of the brake inner cable to release it from the actuator arm. Just persist and it will jiggle out. Then you have to undo the bolt that secures the brake torque arm to the frame tube clip. You'll need two 10 mm spanners for that. Then the wheel can be removed without difficulty the usual way.

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
nigel

many thanx flecc i will follow those instructions great at least there is not any wires to cut :D also would it be possibile to fit a axa wheel lock on the torq cheers flecc.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm afraid it's not practical to fit an AXA Nigel, the carrier fastening lugs are in the way at the top, so the key would be up against one of them. 50cycles supply a heavy duty chain motor cycle type lock with new bikes, so hopefully you may have one with yours. That's what I use.