* * * Tour de Presteigne 2008 Details * * *

Haku

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Gloucestershire
There are new pictures and the results on Tour de Presteigne
I hope you are in one of them Haku. I know there were a lot of photographers present so some more photos and videos are to come.
Thanks for letting me know more pictures were added, if you look closely at the pictures you can now see 1 shot of me at the start (obscured by other riders), 1 shot during the race (obscured by other riders) & 1 shot after it finished.
Ah well, hopefully someone'll upload some video of the race where they haven't cut out all the riders on makes of bike they aren't supporting (looks at 50cycles :p ;) )

Andy Grayland

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2008
I have looked through all my Photos and found one of No.21 albeit a blurred one so I shall get it posted on the TDP site today, depending on what time I am back from the pub! Andy

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
It would be nice too see a race based on the performance of the bikes ability, rather than fit riders standing on the pedals and riding beyond assistance to make bikes look good.

halfmedley

Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2007
Glad Presteigne '08 was success, applause for the organisers. Judging by the photos, it seemed much more fun than the rain soaked event of 2007 (which I attended).

Having looked at the Google map of ebike owners elsewhere on this website, a similar event in somewhere like Nottingham or Leicester, would surely be likewise well attended?

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
Glad Presteigne '08 was success, applause for the organisers. Judging by the photos, it seemed much more fun than the rain soaked event of 2007 (which I attended).

Having looked at the Google map of ebike owners elsewhere on this website, a similar event in somewhere like Nottingham or Leicester, would surely be likewise well attended?
As someone who did not get to the event, I have only postings to go on...as I have not read all of them, I like many others(oop's) feel perfectly able to comment, with limited facts, and bias upon an event bringing Joy to many

! it is disgracefull that there were not enough monitors to police the wattage of the bikes
! Is it possible in future to issue all spectators with helmets and padded clothing(disposible)
! radio linked heart monitors for competors to ensure compliance with H & S guidelines (there will be some somewhere)
etc ad nausium...

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
Location,location,location

Ah Half Medley, could we ever shut down the centre of a small town in England without great expense and plenty of policemen and would it have the glamour of rallying through an industrial estate or a grave yard.

However where there is a will, there may be a way. Maybe we can find a lake to rally around - adds the entertainment value of a water splash.

Seriously though Presteigne has secured the Spring event, what we perhaps need is an autumn event somewhere east midlands/ east anglia and maybe a winter event testing the snows of scotland! :D