Tour de Presteigne 2011

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Good news, I believe we'll be there again this year (for what I think must be the sixth time) along with our best selection of bikes yet.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Good news, I believe we'll be there again this year (for what I think must be the sixth time) along with our best selection of bikes yet.
This may be a good time for me to test a Khalkhoff Pro Connect S without travelling all the way to London... and, if i like it, it also happens to be just a week after i receive my bonus :D

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi I was at Presteigne

2 years ago they had racing on a go cart track also a hill climb

Fantastic can we have again this year

Frank

I'm looking forward to bringing Storck Raddar bikes, plus the new Storck Cosworth EFV bike for everyone to test ride.
Don't forget there is a chance to win a VIP day at the Cosworth HQ on the forum here. It's a multi-choice answer. If you are not sure Google will help you.
Cheers,
Ian.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I don't think the exhibition is going to be held this year Ian.

I understand that here will be a 50 mile ride on the Saturday and other riding events including the parade on Sunday, however this is yet to be conformed by the organisers.

All the best

David

Spoken with Andrew this morning and can confirm that Storck Raddar will attend the Tour de Presteigne. Ride on Saturday and demo bikes on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone and will bring the range of Storck Raddar bikes plus, (soon to be launched) Storck Cosworth EFV bike.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Ian

Are you saying that Andy has confirmed that the saturday exhibition is off, but will still be held on the Sunday?

Looking forward to seeing you there either way.

All the best

David

Hi David,
Andy explained that there is the fancy dress ride on Saturday, (no demo bikes) and limited suppliers demo bikes expo in Sunday only. I think it's better to contact Andy and confirm any other points yourself as I don't want to make any confusion on here.

Have a good weekend.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi David,
......there is the fancy dress ride on Saturday, (no demo bikes) and limited suppliers demo bikes expo in Sunday only.
But that's completely the opposite to what's on the website.

"From 10pm on Sunday there will be the opportunity to ride and buy, a wide range of electric bikes. In the early afternoon there will be an event for the more competitive bikers which will take in some of the fabulous Border countryside on a 10 mile orienteering competition. The legendary Tour de Presteigne round the closed streets of the town will take place at 4.30pm, with all participants in fancy dress"

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
10pm on Sunday? I hope not! :eek:

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
The text in blue was copied from the Tour de Presteigne website and is clearly a typo.

The 4.30pm start for the grand parade is a bit late for me, I'll probably still go because there are a couple of new machines I would like to see close-up, the Storck Raddar is one of them.

Hope to see you there Ed.
Regards
Bob