Tranzx BL03 - replacing cells

alanterrill

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2006
I have a Tranzx BL03 battery from a Rayleigh Forge that is showing reduced capacity, although its voltage is holding up at 41V. I want to replace the cells and I've bought a pack from China that says it is specifically for this battery pack.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36V-12Ah-for-Tranz-X-PST-JD-PST-I2C-BL03-Battery-Li-Ion-E-Bike-electric-bicycle/333556846789?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
However, it has no instructions and no pre-soldered wires on it. I can identify the + and - terminals, but having dismantled the original I can see there are a whole strip of thin wires in addition to the main pair which go the length of the pack and go I assume to each individual cells for testing purposes. I have no way of connecting these. Has anybody done a rebuild on this pack and could advise whether these are critical or whether I could just ignore these extra wires?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This is a duplicate thread. Please, nobody reply to this one otherwise it's going to get very confusing. Post in this one:

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

alanterrill

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2006
This is a duplicate thread. Please, nobody reply to this one otherwise it's going to get very confusing. Post in this one:
Sorry - only found the separate batteries forum after I'd posted but then I couldn't find a 'delete' button to get rid of the original. Feel free to delete this post.