Tref from North Wales

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
Hope it works out perfect for you Tref.
Thanks Taff. Went for my first ride on Friday morning. From St.Asaph to Dolwen which is just past Betws yn Rhos, a round trip of 25 miles. Probably the hilliest route I could have taken. I tried to stay in Eco mode as much as possible but had to use Sport and Power mode quite a few times to climb the steepest parts. I was quite surprised to find that I had only used 20% of the battery power. Really pleased.

D

Deleted member 4366

Battery capacity = 612wh. 20% = 122wh, divided by 25 miles = 5wh/mile. Either you were pedalling hard and going very slow or you need to recalibrate your battery gauge.

That's if you have the 17aH battery!

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
Battery capacity = 612wh. 20% = 122wh, divided by 25 miles = 5wh/mile. Either you were pedalling hard and going very slow or you need to recalibrate your battery gauge.

That's if you have the 17aH battery!
Yes I do have the 17aH battery.
I might have made a error, because the battery level indicator has five lights I assumed each light was 20%, and after my ride there was four lights showing hence the 20% used. On reading the manual just now it says four lights=80%-60% so it is quite possible that I have used twice the amount that I originally thought.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can't rely on what it says in the manual. You might find that they don't go down linearly. When you've emptied the battery a few times, you'll get an idea of the relationship between the lights and the actual state of charge of the battery.

You can't beat a wattmeter, which gives a pretty accurate measure of how much battery you've used and how much you have left.

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
You can't rely on what it says in the manual. You might find that they don't go down linearly. When you've emptied the battery a few times, you'll get an idea of the relationship between the lights and the actual state of charge of the battery.

You can't beat a wattmeter, which gives a pretty accurate measure of how much battery you've used and how much you have left.
Yes you are absolutely right d8veh. Perhaps I got a big carried away with the excitement of riding my new bike for the first time. After several more rides I should understand the lights/state of charge relationship a bit better.