Trek powerfly 4 or Cube Reaction hybrid 500?

Francis Albert

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2018
Manchester
Hi...
Story so far.
Bought a Mate bike that had a thumb throttle and 350w motor..it was nice but was worried about the legality..like lack of it...and sold it.
Also in the 10 miles I rode it I thought an e mountain bike would be more up my street for what I want to be doing.
2k is way expensive but good old 0% finance is on hand so I'm between the two bikes above.
Both around £2100 both bosch performance cx with 500 batteries.
Had a Trek before it was solid...like the lines of the cube.
This will be a long term buy but it's a lot of money so thought I would ask your opinions.
Occasional use track,road,riverside occasional woods.
Considered Cube acid too due to cost.
Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id go with the one that has better components forks group set brakes ect.

Rutland Cycling

Trade Member
Sep 5, 2017
Rutland
The Powerfly 4 does come specc'd well with a RockShox XC30 compared to the Suntour on the Cube Reaction.

The Cube does look nicer in terms of integration, if your budget does allow, id strongly recommend looking at the 2018 Powerfly 5, it has a similar look to the Cube with the battery integration and comes with a Judy fork.

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/electric-bikes/trek-powerfly-5-2018-electric-mountain-bike-red_379639

We have used the Trek Powerfly bikes on our hire fleet for the past couple of years and they have certainly proved to be pretty bombproof.

Do let us know if you have any questions on either of the bikes and we will be happy to help!

Many thanks,
Luke