Trek powerfly+5

Gooner

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2016
Hi, after doing a lot of research I decided on the powerfly, I've got a £900 cycle scheme voucher for the trek store in mk, gave them a ring yesterday and to cut a long story short, they can't get hold of one, can't believe it, went to Rutland cycles, where they have some in stock to have a look at one in the flesh, how can trek have a bike on there Web site but be unable to supply one, are they planning to discontinue this bike or is it about to be replaced, really disappointed, just as a foot note Rutland cycles at Rutland water will hire you an ebike for the day for £25, wish I'd known this at the start of my search

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
It's the nature of the bike trade, push as well as electric.

Manufacturers offer dozens of models each year, but realistically only a handful of each are available in each size.

The trade is already thinking about 2017 model year bikes.

The Powerfly is a relatively new model, so I expect it will be in the 2017 catalogue.

But don't assume a 2017 one will be better for you.

Manufacturers tinker with the spec/price each year, so the 2017 Powerfly might suit you better, but the inevitable changes may make the bike less desirable.

StewC

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2016
Lancing, on the South Downs.
I had decided on a Powerfly FS7, and when checking with my dealer (CandN cycles, Redhill) they were able to check for availability of bikes in the UK & Europe. I could have got a 45cm frame with a 400Wh battery in 4 days, but I wanted a 500Wh battery that was a 16 day wait. Apparently Trek cant make this bikes fast enough.

Gooner

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2016
Hi, trek store in mk, managed to get hold of one from Holland, but it took them most of a morning, he told me that they hadn't foreseen the demand, the fact there becoming more popular makes me feel happier at spending almost 2k on a bike, I had looked at bikes for under a thousand but in the end went for a trek, from the research I've done on trek and bosch I think it's the right choice, anyway I pick it up on Saturday, will post a review with some pics

Reactions: StewC

Chinapig

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 27, 2016
If the first couple of weeks and 200 miles with my Powerfly+ 9 are anything to go by, you won't be disappointed. It felt great on the test ride, and was a better fit for me than all the other ebikes I tried. So I bought the dealer's stock bike, which fortunately had the exact spec I was looking for. It would apparantly have been a long wait if I'd wanted any other frame size or spec variation. Absolutely loving the bike...