Trek Valencia + advice please

roadster

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2011
Hi Guys, I have been offered a Trek Valencia + 2012 model.

The thing is I cannot find much info about this bike and wondering if any members on here have one and can share there thoughts with me.

The frame size is 15.5" with 700C wheels - I know this is a small frame - I am 5.10" - would it be to small for me - I have not yet seen the bike as it is a online retailer..

Thanks in advance...

BAH48

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2012
Appleby Cumbria
I'm 5'10" and ride a 21" frame - 15.5 would be too small for me.

The Trek has been reduced in price lately and I've heard it's not so good - I did try to go for a test ride on one but it was faulty, so caveat emptor.

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
i'm 6'1" and ride a 17" frame, but i like a smaller frame with the seat high. throwback to my downhill days where a/faster to manouvre b/if you fell off you wanted the crossbar a long way from anything vitally painful.

don't know the trek, but sounds like it probably would be too small for you (reviews on here seem not great though - so i'd definitely do some test riding and further investigation.)

D

Deleted member 4366

It's a direct drive motor - not everybody''s cup of tea, so you might want to try one first. Spare parts are extremely expensive as well, and it's not easy to repair when it goes wrong other than using the expensive replacement parts.

roadster

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2011
Thanks guy's for your replies - I could have made a costly mistake with out all your help..

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
I'd fit a kit to a regular Trek bike rather than buy one of their e-Bikes :). Don't know much about the hybrid bikes but their MTBs are great :cool:.