Tsdz2 48v 7ah vs 36v 10.5ah for range.

R66bby

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 16, 2020
Which would you guys think would give the best range on eco mode? Just after a gentle push.
I know the 36v has 378 what hours and the 48v has 336 what hours. But is the 48v more efficient etc. any knowledge would be great.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think the biggest difference is that 'eco' will give a different amount of push for the two motors. The efficiency is probably pretty similar, so I am pretty sure you'll get more range from the 36v; both bigger capacity battery and less push from the motor.

Reactions: R66bby

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Hi unless you buy a battery with a good quality cell at that ah you will get sag and limited range do not buy the 36v [feels weedy ] needs to be in a higher power setting or more human effort compared to the 48v its night and day
Have used both will never but another 36v tsdz2 unless its for a trike ,only have 48v now ,never used less than a 13.5 ah battery unless its for size reasons

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
7ah @48v about 33 -38 miles if you are a fit regular rider in fairly flat terrain with about 700' max of ascent using low power as much as possible. Being a TS bike you might get more miles if you put in the effort, tbh the variables are so wide that you won't really know till you have ridden a route a few times.
Later on it would be good for you to post again with your findings.

I have a friction drive bike with a 208wh battery I can get up to 24 - 28miles with about 700" of ascent, It has no power levels and continuously delivers 250w by varying current.

Last edited:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
What conditions flat or hill how much human effort do you want use rider size etc i get 25 -30 miles with little effort in speed /turbo mode, mostly flat never tried that smaller battery ,at 15.5 and eco a lot more 50-60 + miles less on the fat bike because of the tyre drag

R66bby

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 16, 2020
Be on a road bike. Hilly area. Want to put a decent amount of human effort, just want the power for some of the horrible climbs which put people off riding.
Those battery sizes are because I’m looking at the the bottle style battery’s.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Buy the 48v kit from woosh ,and take look at his his frog battery option [behind the seat ]
A battery is the most important part of the conversion think hard and buy once, it can lead to range anxiety and a hit in the wallet if you get it wrong.
Most bottle packs at a reasonable cost seem to be Chinese no name cells , several threads on here about building your own small pack

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Essex does not have many serious climbs but i have to smile :) at the roadies when i sail past, the tsdz2 is perfect for added boost when required , the gentle helping hand