Two bikes in the back of the van and then!!!

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Stuck two bikes in the van and headed off into the countryside for new hunting ground! and then the van broke down:(Well, didn`t actually break down but a severe noise from the rear end). Managed to creep on to a new area and and unloaded the bikes, felt the offside rear van wheel and you could have fried an egg on it. Had a lovely afternoon ride around new villages and had our lunch by a village pond and fed the ducks:eek:

Anyway, managed to get the van home gingerly and dismantled the rear wheel and found that a brake pad had jammed and had worn completely wedge shaped and that was the noise and the heat. Oh well! at least the bikes ran well and we got a tan riding in the sun:D you just can`t beat the bike.

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
I'm glad you enjoyed your bike ride and that it was only a stuck brake on the van.

Doesn't it make you feel great getting out to new places :D

I've been using Wilma every day, out and about with hubby and the dogs having a great time and collecting shopping and such instead of using the car, getting Wilma was the best thing I've done in a long time.

Your `public` is waiting for the film of the trip out. and a how to vid on reparing a sticking van brake. :p

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
I had two e bikes in the back of the van one evening last summer, a friend and I thought we'd do the same thing, ie to drive out to somewhere different, thus quickly and easily driving thrugh old familiar ground and saving battery power. We had a good ride in the countryside around here and then a pint each in a pub. It was getting a bit late so we decided to cycle back to the van and load the bikes back on, a Wisper and a Powarbyke.
A few minutes after setting off in the van to go back home I saw a dreaded blue flashing light in the driving mirror, and then the sound of a siren. I pulled over glanced back and the policeman asked me to get out of the vechile, I was a bit worried about the pint but by that time it was over an hour ago, and with food with it. I got out and he said, ''Nothing to worry about Sir, but we've had a report of a red van seen in a village some miles away with possible stolen items in it, mind if we take a a look inside''? I said that's ok, and that we hadn't been in the village he mentioned and that we'd been cycling and had two bikes in the back. The two police had a good look, and said everything was fine and we ended talking about the bikes and generally having a few jokes - at least the older one was fine, the younger still eyeing us both suspiciously throughout.