Tyre pump

derrick7

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2007
Llanberis LL55 4TD (Snowdonia)
About a month or so ago I bought a Cyclaire Plus tyre pump, I tried it out today.
A complete waste of money! The cheap track pump I bought from Argos is ten times better.

Derrick - Llanberis

P.S. I snapped off the little brass nut on the 'Presta' valve whilst trying to wriggle off the pump connection, that made my day!!

Last edited:

Vikki

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2009
On those grounds then the following is simply hysterical :D

Taken from their webby and obviously bo-lex:

Cyclaire Plus is a compact but super fast infating mini–pump! It inflates tyres to 120psi in seconds, and is suitable for all bikes from road racing bikes to hybrids and commuter bikes.

Cyclaire bicycle pumps are compact, yet both quicker and easier to use than a conventional pump. They're better because of the unique pull–cord system, which enables you to get a really long stroke – as long as your arm – from a small, portable pump. This means it's almost like having a full–sized floor pump (or "track pump") in a six–inch case.

Cyclaire pumps are so easy to use that we've had to include a gauge to prevent people overinflating their tyres. It's a high–quality gauge, which means you can control the pressure to get whatever pressure you want, whenever and wherever you need it.

Cyclaire pumps are premium quality products, with designs that are rugged and robust enough for mountain bikers. Reliable and durable, these designer pumps make ideal gifts for the cycling enthusiast.

OMG! I creased at the 'really long stroke' my dog saw that and demanded one, not the pump - just a really long stroke :eek:

Ah, I see it's an 'infating pump', is that some new technology? I might have believed infatting, lol. D'oh, it's a typo.

Glad I got the Road Morph. Oh, and a regular track pump for home use :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The reactions to the Cyclaire seem very mixed. Either A to B or Velovision briefly reviewed it some while ago and found it ok and the two following reviews are one in favour, one against:

Cycling Forums

Bike Radar

The Bike Radar review has other opinions below, including one who loves it.

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Brought one of these about six months ago

Topeak Joe Blow

Everyone seems to laugh at the name when I tell them :rolleyes:

I know its not portable, but for checking and pumping up tyres in my workshop its outstanding :D

Regards

Jerry

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009
Brought one of these about six months ago

Topeak Joe Blow

Everyone seems to laugh at the name when I tell them :rolleyes:

I know its not portable, but for checking and pumping up tyres in my workshop its outstanding :D

Regards

Jerry
Jerry,

Do you have some kind of adaptor to fit the valve to your Brompton? I just got my Sun 36 hole rim today and don't think there's any way my Joe Blow 2 valve will fit once the spokes are in.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Pedalo,

One of those would work I guess but I don't use one.

The spoke pattern I used, ensures that the spokes next to the valve run parallel and the stock valve clip on the Blow Joe fits fine albeit once you get the angle right to enable you to push down the clip that holds it on :)

Regards

Jerry

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
The Kojaks on my Moulton need to be pumped up to 110psi and the Blow Joe manages that with very little effort from me :p

Regards

Jerry

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Had one of these for a couple of years but it has never held the pressure steady on the gauge. I use it on Presta and Schrader valves but need to guess at the true pressure.

Am I missing something?

Indalo

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
My local evans uses the Joe blow thing outside for anyone to use.
I just use a cheap pump and ride down the road and use that. It's pretty good the one outside evans and gets lots of use from passing custom!