Tyres

Bolt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 15, 2017
Norfolk
Another question, can I fit a 700c x 40 instead of the
700c x 32 that is on the wheel and what is the difference ?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
One issue I had with the 32's is that they were the devil's own job to fit. I had a massive problem getting the last bit over the rim. The tyres were very stiff and wouldn't slot into the wheel centre at the oposite end.

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Do

Mac_use82,
Do you put Joes No Flats in the tubes or are you running tubeless?
i do put joe flat in my tubes works perfect for me no problems at all i have one puncture and it sealed straight away with no problems perfect for things like thorns

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
i'm running 700c x35 at the moment before i was using 700c x38 but they were touching my mud guard all the time so dropped down to 700c x35 and that is much better for me

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Another question, can I fit a 700c x 40 instead of the
700c x 32 that is on the wheel and what is the difference ?
just be prepared Schwalbe can be a bit of pain to get on and off depending on the rim that you have

i have a set of Schwalbe marathon winter tyres and they are a bit of a nightmare to get on and off the rim.

i would strongly recommend if you are struggling the cyclo tyre tool will pop it on the rim within seconds and make very light work of it too
http://www.bikemaintenancepro.co.uk/product/1064/tyre-removal-and-fitting-tool

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
just be prepared Schwalbe can be a bit of pain to get on and off depending on the rim that you have

i have a set of Schwalbe marathon winter tyres and they are a bit of a nightmare to get on and off the rim.

i would strongly recommend if you are struggling the cyclo tyre tool will pop it on the rim within seconds and make very light work of it too
http://www.bikemaintenancepro.co.uk/product/1064/tyre-removal-and-fitting-tool
Thank you very much! I didn't know there was such a thing and will look at it later.
It's alright having these hard to get on puncture proof tyres providing you don't have punctures.

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Thank you very much! I didn't know there was such a thing and will look at it later.
It's alright having these hard to get on puncture proof tyres providing you don't have punctures.
That why I have suggested the tyre tool to make lighter work for you i always carry mine with me on a ride just in case i did get a flat then i would be able to get the tyre off easy but the sealant should sort it just in case the sealant doesn't sort it out the tyre tool is their for a back up plan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
That why I have suggested the tyre tool to make lighter work for you i always carry mine with me on a ride just in case i did get a flat then i would be able to get the tyre off easy but the sealant should sort it just in case the sealant doesn't sort it out the tyre tool is their for a back up plan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I dont have sealant in the road bike tyres, and this useful looking tool looks a bit big to cart about but I will be ordering one non the less.
Do you know of anything more portable?

Bolt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 15, 2017
Norfolk
i'm running 700c x35 at the moment before i was using 700c x38 but they were touching my mud guard all the time so dropped down to 700c x35 and that is much better for me
That's a good point maybe I will just go for 35 as my mudguards are fairly
close fitting.
I'll see how I get on fitting them the Kenda's go on and off with just my thumbs.

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
That's a good point maybe I will just go for 35 as my mudguards are fairly
close fitting.
I'll see how I get on fitting them the Kenda's go on and off with just my thumbs.
you have to find out what your mudguard size is and work from there and see what happens that is the best thing to do and don't make the wrong mistake in buying wrong size and have to buy a new set of tyres

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
I found this now I know what to look for..
http://www.pedal-pedal.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/3358
It doesnt look as good but is more portable..
i have read some reviews on this and some people said it was a waste of time if it is a tight tyre depending on the rim but if it is tight to get on the rim you would want the biggest leverage you
can get your hands to be able to make it go on the tyre with ease

i was going to buy it and i thought there is no point in getting one because
it won't do the job corretly i wanted something that would work with no problems

The one i have at the moment does the job perfect with Schwalbe tyres at the moment but it does depend on the rim some rims are worse then others

i should of thought you won't have the leverage like you would have with the cyclo tool which would make it harder to get the tyre on of coarse if you are going to buy a tool then you want something that is going to work with no problems,

it is your choose what you buy it is up to you but you never know when you are going to get a flat tyre so you want little struggle as possible

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
i have read some reviews on this and some people said it was a waste of time if it is a tight tyre depending on the rim

i was going to buy it and i thought there is no point in getting one because
it won't do the job corretly i wanted something that would work with no problems

The one i have at the moment does the job perfect with Schwalbe tyres at the moment but it does depend on the rim some rims are worse then others

i should of thought you won't have the leverage like you would have with the cyclo tool which would make it harder to get the tyre on of coarse if you are going to buy a tool then you want something that is going to work with no problems,

it is your choose what you buy it is up to you but you never know when you are going to get a flat tyre so you want little struggle as possible
Fully agree and these plastic things do break. The one you advise I will buy but it might be an issue taking it on a ride..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

:)

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Every tyre lever will break at some point same as tyre at some point it will let a puncture happen

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015