UK Supplier Of a Bafang 250w Motor

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Hello All,
Selling my BPM and switching to a lighter build. Really enjoying the last week of unassited riding since the weather is recently alot better.

However I'd still like a little bit of assist for the end of the week.

Anyone sell UK based I can get quickly a rear Bafang or similar motor. Even one of those little Cute Anada motors would be great in rear spec.

I'm sure there is a traders selling them for about £100 lasced and delivered but I can't seem to find them using google.

Your help is much appriciated.

I'm now up to an average of 16mph unassisted which is great. When I was starting out I was down to 11mph. Which is great.

Hurricane

Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2010
Perthshire
I purchased both my Bafang kits from a forum member Alan (Catsnapper). He supplied both motors already laced and came with controllers, throttles, pedelec sensor etc. Excellent service and value.

Hope this helps

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Thank you, I've Pm'd Alan anyway as a first course of action as he seem to keep a small selection of random parts.

There must be other suppliers with the parts though should Alan not actually have any more.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Hello Dave,
I've Pm'd you. Prefere Rear driving sensorless motor with a 13 tooth rear free wheel to boot.
700c wheel and away we go. Cash waiting!

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Hello Dave,
I've ordered one through your site. If you manage to find a 13tooth rear free wheel you'd like to chuck in that would be fantastic!

Hopefully see you in China in April!

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Just to keep you updated Dave,
Spoke to Paul who rang me about not being able to obtain the 13tooth rear spocket. Not an issue Ive ordered one for collection at my local Evan's store.

I would Imagine this motor in the rear wheel will be the standard 190 rpm wind at 36v which will be perfect for me.

Going to use this motor as a little stealth build and use 9 bricks of lipo and use it for touring. This should give me close to 1 Kilo Watt of Lipo in order to hit some Hideous amounts of range before topping up.

I've set my controller down 15amp draw for this mini build and hoping to use about 12w per mile at an average speed of 20mph.

Can't wait to get the new wheel / Motor.

Really looking forward to getting the electric assist bike core basics up and running with this build as I'm having so much fun on my bike at the moment.