UK Throttle supplier needed

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Hello all,
Hoping you intelligent people can point me in the right direction of obtaining another throttle for my bike.

My bike used a wuxing throttle previously. Half throttle. The standard wires where :-

Positive
Negative
Signal
Push button switch

If possible I would like the same. As my on off controls would be a direct move over.
Although it's not a big deal if I have to change. Would just like one fast.

Unless any forum members have a throttle kicking about I could buy?!?

Could I use a pot in the mean time?!?

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Will the thumb ones get in the way of gear changing as I use a standard quick fire shifter?

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Will the thumb ones get in the way of gear changing as I use a standard quick fire shifter?
I have a thumb shifter gear too..I found thumb throttle and gear shift too cramped on the same side so I put mine on opposite sides...saying that my handlebar is a bit shorter I think as I have a folding bike.

D

Deleted member 4366

It depends, Normally with lots of jiggery pokery you can just get it in one position where it works, but I can't guarantee that it'll fit yours.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Thanks for the links. I'm sure I could get it to work Dave but in order of keeping things simple I'll try to get a direct replacement.

I'm positive my throttle is shot due to the signal voltage staying at 0.8v and not really moving when throttle is turned when rotating it. Multimeter positive on the signal wire and the negative on well the ground.

Thanks for the offer though D8veh though!

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks for the links. I'm sure I could get it to work Dave but in order of keeping things simple I'll try to get a direct replacement.

I'm positive my throttle is shot due to the signal voltage staying at 0.8v and not really moving when throttle is turned when rotating it. Multimeter positive on the signal wire and the negative on well the ground.

Thanks for the offer though D8veh though!
One of the magnets may have got dislodged. You have to look inside to see, which means you have to remove it from the handlebars first before you can disassemble it.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
I took it apart. It's not the magnets. It's the actual wiring that's buttered right by the terminals at the throttle. There really tiny. And to be honest a few crashes and some of the wires have cut through. They still worked amazingly but it's easier to replace the unit.

I've ordered one through Alan at a good price again.

Think his my saviour for ebike parts!

Thanks for the help though.

It's not beyond repair with a little effort but is tiny and I don't think I have the patience for it.