ULTRA MOTOR/FAST4WARD 24V/EVANS_GUILDFORD out of the box and the 20 mile ride home

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Picked it up lunchtime. At home teatime. Very impressed. Started with 76% battery. Used low speed thinking it may not be enough to get me the 20 miles home to Alton. 3 miles outside Alton I was on 37%. Used some high speed mode which was excellent and arrived home with 19%. Will now perform the first of three 12 hour conditioning charges.
‪UM//FAST4WARD/C2W/EVANS/GUILDFORD OUT OF THE BOX & DRIVEN HOME‬‏ - YouTube

Issues.
Front light not working
Right pedal started to make a clicking noise - suspect it just needs tightening.
Rear Hub motor twice made quite a loud click noise in high speed mode. Don't know why or if its normal.
Tried throttle but didn't seem to do anything! .. may need some education!
No battery usage or console/computer documentation

Last edited:

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Looks a nice bike, but to be honest thats a lot of faults for a new bike.

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Picked it up lunchtime. At home teatime. Very impressed. Started with 76% battery. Used low speed thinking it may not be enough to get me the 20 miles home to Alton. 3 miles outside Alton I was on 37%. Used some high speed mode which was excellent and arrived home with 19%. Will now perform the first of three 12 hour conditioning charges.
‪UM//FAST4WARD/C2W/EVANS/GUILDFORD OUT OF THE BOX & DRIVEN HOME‬‏ - YouTube

Issues.
Front light not working
Right pedal started to make a clicking noise - suspect it just needs tightening.
Rear Hub motor twice made quite a loud click noise in high speed mode. Don't know why or if its normal.
Tried throttle but didn't seem to do anything! .. may need some education!
No battery usage or console/computer documentation
Hi Alan,

Glad to hear you now have the bike!

To address your issues:

1- Front light probably just needs the plasctic tab pulled out that sits between the battery and terminal
2- Tighten the pedal, let me know if you have further issues
3- Let me know if you have anyother problems with hub motor. It is a Bafang which is normally very reliable
4- Sounds like the throttle isn't plugged in(!) This should have been done by your dealer. I can have our Technical Manager call and talk you thought it. Won't take more than 5 mins.

Apart from that I hope all is well! The computer reads a temprature, this isn't ambient, but is battery temprature.....just in case you were wondering!

All the best
Mark

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Hi Alan,

Glad to hear you now have the bike!

To address your issues:

1- Front light probably just needs the plasctic tab pulled out that sits between the battery and terminal
2- Tighten the pedal, let me know if you have further issues
3- Let me know if you have anyother problems with hub motor. It is a Bafang which is normally very reliable
4- Sounds like the throttle isn't plugged in(!) This should have been done by your dealer. I can have our Technical Manager call and talk you thought it. Won't take more than 5 mins.

Apart from that I hope all is well! The computer reads a temprature, this isn't ambient, but is battery temprature.....just in case you were wondering!

All the best
Mark
Hi Mark, Yes! overall I am very pleased. If you could ask your man to call me regarding 4. that would be great. I have the bike with me today as I commuted this morning. I changed the pedals as I use SPD shoes and had no issues this morning so 2 is no longer an issue.
3. is still occuring. It click twice this morning. I was in high speed mode doing about 13 mph on a flat having just climbed a hill.. I was filming on my THREE cameras so will see if any of them have recorded the click sound!
1. Ill check. - ok now. Plastic bit was not removed. - thanks

I did have a computer freeze this morning. I had to disconnect and re-connect and it was then fine.. but am reporting as issue 5 jic.

Thanks,

Alan

Last edited:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Hi Mark, Yes! overall I am very pleased. If you could ask your man to call me regarding 4. that would be great. I have the bike with me today as I commuted this morning. I changed the pedals as I use SPD shoes and had no issues this morning so 2 is no longer an issue.
3. is still occuring. It click twice this morning. I was in high speed mode doing about 13 mph on a flat having just climbed a hill.. I was filming on my THREE cameras so will see if any of them have recorded the click sound!
1. Ill check. - ok now. Plastic bit was not removed. - thanks

I did have a computer freeze this morning. I had to disconnect and re-connect and it was then fine.. but am reporting as issue 5 jic.

Thanks,

Alan
Update on my issue list. 4. Throttle not working. Had a call today and was talked through the procedure. Unscrew controller plate and connect the obviously disconnected connectors. ... and here are my photos:
Controller Plate:
THROTTLE 004 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

On the table:
THROTTLE 005 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Whats inside:
THROTTLE 006 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Connected:
THROTTLE 007 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Took her for a spin and throttled it! ... My first experience of an ebike throttle. What a laugh ... my brother is going to love this bike! ...