um33x

bazman49

Just Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Hi everyone I have just joined your community and look forward to being part of it.
I have a question if anyone can help.
I have just purchased a UM33X from ebay and have just had it serviced and have been told battery is not in peak cond. I have been quoted from Halfords £345. Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative that would fit my bike. Only paid £380 for bike and dont want to spend almost as much again. Many thanks to anyone that can help..

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This is a common e-bike problem. replacement lithium batteries are a high proportion of the complete bike price, your bike only being £800 new currently at Halfords. The main choices are to pay for that new battery, or fit a cheaper alternative, saving around £100 to £140. These alternatives won't fit into your bike though, you'll typically have to fit a rear carrier and mount the battery on that, arranging connections down to the existing battery platform connections.

If you have the necessary knowledge, it may be possible to locate an alternative cheaper lithium battery with whole contents that will fit into your present case, but be warned, this is a potentially dangerous thing in the wrong hands, not to be treated lightly.