Up to £1200 to spend

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Not me, but a work colleague. Tried to talk him into building one but doesn't have time for a project.
Sorry, but we are being lazy, i don't normally follow threads unless they are diy, so i i'm unfamiliar with new products.
Hopefully some users will pitch in with recommendations well as traders.
Criteria is lifepo4 chemistry, 15Ah (ish), good quality legal bike and probably geared hub over crank drive unless it's possible to get one for that sort of money.
Thanks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Very few new e-bikes come with LiFePO4 batteries, but one exception is the Kudos brand, many of their models (but not all) have them. They also have plenty of models and styles within your price:

If you expand your specification to include li-polymer batteries, the choice from other suppliers expands considerably.

Kudos e-bikes

Last edited:

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Yes, i thought that as i was typing it. Probably unlikely to get 15ah LiFePo4 in an 'off the shelf' bike anyway.
Lets open it up to battery chemistry to include all Li-polymer.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Second vote for Kudos. I tried the (I think) Arriba at the Eden event at the weekend, and I like it a lot. Only a 10.4 Ah battery, although you could always buy another and take it along in a back pack for really long journeys.

D

Deleted member 4366

Ezee torque is just above that price, but John will give you £100 back for getting the sale.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Spend half that amount of money buying one of Hatti`s Woosh Santanas . Both Woosh and Kudos`s replacement batteries are very reasonably priced . Going for such a high Amp hr battery might give you a nasty shock when needing a replacement . The Woosh cruises at near 15 mph on Medium assist while my 20 in . wheeled Folder is doing 10 mph with the same effort . The range is at least 45 miles too !
How do I know ? A family member has one and we ride in formation on the same route .

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Wurly
All our bikes are available with 10, 12, 14 AH Li-Ions or a 16AH LiFePo4.
Simply choose the battery you need.
Each 2AH step adds about 10 miles to the range. The 10AH battery offers 30 miles on our 26" wheeled bikes in medium assist mode.
Hope this helps.