Update on the Atmosphere Electric Bike Festival - Bristol June 10th

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well done on the day David. Forecast for today at London and Bristol is that rain is likely to hold off until 4pm onwards, and then only showers.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Well done on the day David. Forecast for today at London and Bristol is that rain is likely to hold off until 4pm onwards, and then only showers.
So I hear Andrew of Oxygen won it on one of his Emates! Excellent news, best bike of its type, Andrew's worked hard to make it so too.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Well done on the day David. Forecast for today at London and Bristol is that rain is likely to hold off until 4pm on wards, and then only showers.
The Met office forecast is really good with the hour by our run down...for our garden party yesterday it was spot on with the chance or rain down to 5%. Days each side were 60%+ percepitation.

I bet they had another good day at London show again today as only one short light shower in afternoon and again now in the evening.....

Well done Andrew of Oxygen for winning ride at Bristol show!

Atmosphere

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Bristol
www.electricbikes.org.uk
Well the weather was kind for most of the day and 1000's of people came along

Very well done to Andrew from Oxygen on an Oxygen Emate who won the whole series of races putting in a great effort for the final to win this impressive trophy

I will get pictures sorted and a full write up when these old bones recover a bit more

Should be BBC news coverage tonight but not sure if just local or going national

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Congratulations Andrew, excellent job!

We were lucky again in London Eddie, another great day maybe not quite as busy as on Saturday. Tried the Storck Raddar, wow! For anyone wanting a non throttle bike with a superb torque sensor system, and has the cash of course, they simply have to try this bike.

I hear from Douglas it was a good day in Bristol, congratulations to Alastair for all his hard work!

All the best

David

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's pleasing to hear the good reports about the Storck Raddar bike. When it won it's section of our e-bike of the year vote there were some negative comments implying bad judgement on the part of those who voted for it. Obviously their judgemnt was far better than the critics thought, and yes, I was the first person to vote for it back then, so feeling quite smug now!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I didn't realise that you had voted for it Flecc. The thing I liked about it was the absolutely seamless power delivery. Riding this bike simply made me feel as if I was 6 stone lighter and had fit young legs! It didn't "feel" like an electric bike at all without "surge" that I have experienced on crank drive bikes and other hub systems including our own. It wasn't every ones choice as there still seems to be a strong demand for throttle and the power surge felt when riding more powerful hub drives, however I thought it was very sophisticated and beautifully crafted.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, I voted for it right at the outset of the thread David, but kept quiet about that since I didn't want to influence the voting.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
These events are great but they only have a small flat circuit so all they can do is give you the opportunity to get a hands on feel for bikes of interest and have a spin which helps refine your short list. I think most would want to follow up with a proper trial including some hills

To me the AVE MH7 Bosch powered bike was best at show that I tried, loads of pulling power and well geared, easy to get the speed right up.....It felt less like a folder then any folder I have ever ridden. To me it felt better then the Storke which I also loved, except for weight of rear wheel, that is one heavy motor...Both bikes had the superb Big Apple tyres which transform the ride quality

But what struck me most was the informality and good nature of all involved in the event.......

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Yes the AVE was another cracker Eddie! The event was very informal with everyone working together, what pleased and encouraged me the most was the wide variety of likes and dislikes confirming we all have a place in a growing market. As demand grows we will all do well.

Atmosphere

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Bristol
www.electricbikes.org.uk
That was why our Race in Bristol was good as we had lots of different bikes racing up a demanding hill.
The Ave along with Kalkhoff ,3e,Solex,Wisper,Kudos,Smarta,A2B,BH Emotion,Fast4ward,Byocycles,all entered this Race and really showed their paces.
All were very impressive indeed in a really hard test with the Oxygen showing the others its heels in the end.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
These events are great but they only have a small flat circuit so all they can do is give you the opportunity to get a hands on feel for bikes of interest and have a spin which helps refine your short list. I think most would want to follow up with a proper trial including some hills
The Kudos event at Redbridge included a good test hill, an event that we will soon be discussing with a view to booking again for 2013. Most of the riders were particularly interested in the bikes performance up hills. ALL riders had smiles on their faces after riding up the hill. If you "like" our facebook page we will release details of all shows as we book them Kudos Cycles - Einzelhandels- und Konsumgüter - Whitstable, United Kingdom | Facebook

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Alistair it sounded a lot of fun, Douglas thoroughly enjoyed it but of course could not keep up with Andrew's young legs!! Next year we need to get some robots to ride the bikes! :cool:

The Bristol event sounded amazing, well done! Looking forward to 2013, when its my turn to ride in the "race" although I am sure I will come last! :p

All the best, David :D

Trevor@Storck

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I didn't realise that you had voted for it Flecc. The thing I liked about it was the absolutely seamless power delivery. Riding this bike simply made me feel as if I was 6 stone lighter and had fit young legs! It didn't "feel" like an electric bike at all without "surge" that I have experienced on crank drive bikes and other hub systems including our own. It wasn't every ones choice as there still seems to be a strong demand for throttle and the power surge felt when riding more powerful hub drives, however I thought it was very sophisticated and beautifully crafted.
David you're too kind! ... You're making Ian and I blush :eek:

Ian and I both really enjoyed the London event, there was a huge amount of choice and plenty of interest from ebike newbies!

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
Had my storck cosworth since feb , has over 2500 miles on it now, flawless .
Just want the voltist now , get your finger out Marcus.

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
Hi Alistair it sounded a lot of fun, Douglas thoroughly enjoyed it but of course could not keep up with Andrew's young legs!! Next year we need to get some robots to ride the bikes! :cool:

The Bristol event sounded amazing, well done! Looking forward to 2013, when its my turn to ride in the "race" although I am sure I will come last! :p

All the best, David :D
Thanks all for your congrats. It was a fantastic event indeed with loads of fun. Regretfully David I had no opportunity to race against Douglas this time as Mark Loveridge from Hero Eco won with Doug on the earlier race :p . Then I had to race against Mark on the second run which to be honest I found the most difficult out of all. Mark's was on the A2B Hybrid with very well climbing motor and he's roughly same age as I am so it was a struggle indeed. Well done to Mark here as I'm sure if we didn't meet in the second spin we would both get to final. Big Thanks for Alistair for organising the event and I hope we can all go to Bristol once again next year.

all the best

Andrew

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Thanks all for your congrats. It was a fantastic event indeed with loads of fun. Regretfully David I had no opportunity to race against Douglas this time as Mark Loveridge from Hero Eco won with Doug on the earlier race :p . Then I had to race against Mark on the second run which to be honest I found the most difficult out of all. Mark's was on the A2B Hybrid with very well climbing motor and he's roughly same age as I am so it was a struggle indeed. Well done to Mark here as I'm sure if we didn't meet in the second spin we would both get to final. Big Thanks for Alistair for organising the event and I hope we can all go to Bristol once again next year.

all the best

Andrew
Hi Andrew....go see your pics on the Cyclecharge at Bristol thread :)

Lynda :)