Upgrading for more power?

Muddyrascal2020

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 26, 2020
Hi all here’s my current e bike
I’m looking for a power upgrade but confused with the options. I currently run a 1000w hub motor with two 48v batteries in parallel with a combine ah of around 20ah and a 20amp max output controller. I can just about hit 30mph and can do around 30 miles fairly fast keeping up with traffic ect I never fitted pedal denser it’s throttle only and pedal when I want.
I’m no longer using it as a commuter so often and want to do more off road but would like more power all round.
I’m considering upping to a 52v battery built inside the frame and higher amp controller With Bluetooth. My question is is there any point in upgrading my hub motor to a 1500w or 2000w motor or would I be able to just adjust the amps on my Bluetooth controller to achieve the same sort of performance from my 1000w motor ?
also what size 53v battery should I be going for if I want to achieve the same kind of range?
any help would much appreciated.
thanks.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your best upgrade would be to a 30/35a controller, but will your batteries cope with the extra current delivery. It's not voltage you need but current for power.

That's all I will say on the subject as you are riding a power moped possibly mixing it up with other legal users you meet on the trail.

Muddyrascal2020

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 26, 2020
Yes I know I know but I’m a sensible rider having done nearly 20,000mioes on this bike without upsetting anyone and only go faster when out on quiet roads or trails I’m not out to annoy anyone or give normal e bikers a bad name so don’t be too hard on me.
so if I had a battery pack able to handle say 35amps and an adjustable Bluetooth controller so I could alter the amps then in theory I can adjust the amps depending on what kind of riding and range I wanted?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
so if I had a battery pack able to handle say 35amps and an adjustable Bluetooth controller so I could alter the amps then in theory I can adjust the amps depending on what kind of riding and range I wanted?
Yes.