Velectris Phantom motors

giguana

Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2007
It seems that this company is friendly towards the UK (i.e. englsh pages), it's in EUR, althought the product itself may be of any quality. it has a 2 yr guarantee. the motors range from 4.5 -6 kg, front and rear wheels.

Does anyone know the pros and cons of these motors? Thanks!
VELECTRIS

Last edited:

torrent99

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2008
Highgate, London
It seems that this company is friendly towards the UK (i.e. englsh pages), it's in EUR, althought the product itself may be of any quality. it has a 2 yr guarantee. the motors range from 4.5 -6 kg, front and rear wheels.

Does anyone know the pros and cons of these motors? Thanks!
VELECTRIS
Hard to say. It looks about the same size as a Suzhou Bafang, which would indicate that it's geared rather than direct drive. Apart from that you can't really tell! (Edit... Hold on the description says it's Direct Drive! At that size with direct drive I wouldn't expect much torque unless this "breakthrough" is more than just marketing hype!)

The Mini-Super-Phantom is interesting because it claims to fit in the narrower forks of folders such as the Dahon range (which normally require the forks to be "spread" in some way).

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I notice they offer 400 Watt versions in 36 Volt as well as 48 Volt, so they would up the torque quite a bit, though a bit illegal on the road.