Volt Pulse

mike adams

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 6, 2016
edinburgh
Had convinced myself this was the bike for me, however there appear to be some nice bikes as alternatives, thinking Wisper 905, ktm e-cross p, any real life experience or alternatively horror stories about the bikes mentioned?

Mike

mike adams

May 6, 2016
edinburgh
Ended up buying the Volt Pulse and i'd buy the same bike again, bit limited for test rides in Edinburgh but i'm convinced i've made the right choice!

Mike

SteveMcG

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2016
Inverness
I too am considering pulse (or alpine) plus the Wisper 905 Torque, but like you I am limited in test rides as I live in Inverness.

Would you say that the following is a good description of how the Volt 'V-Wave' works - 'Torque control is push the pedal and it measures how hard and multiplies that by a factor usually half, same, and double power. It's the natural cycling feel but with younger legs. Great control of speed and helps range too.'? - Basically I want to have young legs again!

Glad you are enjoying your bike.

mike adams

May 6, 2016
edinburgh
The natural feeling with younger legs is spot on, due to work i've not been out as often as i'd have liked, goes in for it's 6 week service on Wednesday, before buying i got an email from the owner/distributor of Wisper saying the shop in Dundee were going to arrange a test ride and they would be in touch soon, still waiting and you could say i could have phoned them but when someone promises you something and don't deliver i lose trust!

Mike

mike adams

May 6, 2016
edinburgh
Hi David

No point in phoning, i bought an alternative 6 weeks ago, appreciate your original e-mail but i no longer bother with companies or shops who don't follow up on their promise, it just makes me think aftersales will be poor!

Mike

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I too am considering pulse (or alpine) plus the Wisper 905 Torque, but like you I am limited in test rides as I live in Inverness.

Would you say that the following is a good description of how the Volt 'V-Wave' works - 'Torque control is push the pedal and it measures how hard and multiplies that by a factor usually half, same, and double power. It's the natural cycling feel but with younger legs. Great control of speed and helps range too.'? - Basically I want to have young legs again!

Glad you are enjoying your bike.
Oy I copyrighted that :eek:

Ok you can use it :D

Reactions: Crockers

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David

No point in phoning, i bought an alternative 6 weeks ago, appreciate your original e-mail but i no longer bother with companies or shops who don't follow up on their promise, it just makes me think aftersales will be poor!

Mike
I dont blame you you Mike, I would feel the same. Sorry John didn't make contact with you, he is normally on the ball! I wish you had let me know, I would have been on his case.

It sounds like you've made a good choice, I really hope you enjoy your purchase.

All the best, David

Reactions: mike adams

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Amps asked the Scottish dealer to get in touch with the OP, but the dealer did not, so the OP refused to consider an Amps/wisper bike.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face springs to mind.

Yes, dealers should be punished for poor customer service, but a single message failing to get through or be acted on amounts to the square root of nothing.

Good thing the OP didn't buy a Kalkhoff.

Last edited:

mike adams

May 6, 2016
edinburgh
I'm too long in the tooth to be dealing with false promises, i appreciate David's reply and am sure the lack of contact comes from the shop, but i then begin to wonder about aftersales, dealt with too many situations in the past and my gut instinct is usually correct.I've bought locally with dealer whom i can cycle too, i'm happy i made the right choice, David seems to be someone i would trust but Dundee is not on my doorstep anyway.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I'm too long in the tooth to be dealing with false promises, i appreciate David's reply and am sure the lack of contact comes from the shop, but i then begin to wonder about aftersales, dealt with too many situations in the past and my gut instinct is usually correct.I've bought locally with dealer whom i can cycle too, i'm happy i made the right choice, David seems to be someone i would trust but Dundee is not on my doorstep anyway.
Completely understand Mike, I am sure you made the right choice dealing with a local dealer.

All the best, David

mike adams

May 6, 2016
edinburgh
Thanks David, you come across well on this forum, if ever i change my bike, hopefully you'll have a distributor in my area by then.

Thanks again, Mike