Waiting, waiting, waiting

n0ct0

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 17, 2012
North Yorks Moors(ish)
Thought I had better post here as I've already posted elsewhere with my 2 cents.

Waiting on my Gazelle Medeo Excellent Innergy XT. Should be here in a couple of weeks. I had to order it as I wanted a 65cm frame. I will be doing a couple of write ups as I've noticed that there is little to nothing review wise anywhere at the moment, especially on the XT motor bikes.

I used to be cycle mad, so this is my way of getting back into things. Plus the Mrs is also having her own Gazelle Medeo delivered at the same time, so here's to getting some miles in.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Hi n0ct0

As a Gazelle crank-drive owner, I shall be interested to read your impressions of the new hub-driven models if and when you are able to publish. I really like Dutch bikes for their style and impeccable build quality but their mainstream manufacturers have never really pushed the envelope in terms of power output or in reducing weight. In practical terms, that has meant that while their bikes roll very well on flat terrain, hills require a lot of rider input and that's something that many ebikers just will not entertain.

I note however that one or two newer models from Sparta and Koga sport slightly more powerful hub motors than their predecessors so perhaps they have grasped the nettle. After all, their neighbours in Germany seem able to produce a much broader range of electric bikes with something to suit everyone.....well, nearly everyone!

Will these be your first electric bikes or have you some previous experience of assisted cycling?

Regards,
Indalo

n0ct0

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 17, 2012
North Yorks Moors(ish)
First electric bike. Basically we went for a spin on a demonstrator with the regular 15NM torque direct drive hub and went up the only incline we could find with no problems. I went up and down a couple of times and then tried with no assistance, as it is so well judged it is hard to tell how much the bike is actually giving. I barely got up the hill! More being better I ordered the XT model with 45NM of torque. I've read all the pros and cons of direct drive vs geared but the XT seems to be the one for me. (and the Mrs)