Wanted charger for Urban Mover Uglider UM36X

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Does anyone have one of these to sell or know where I can get one? Is there an alternative even a photo would help so I know what I am looking for?

D

Deleted member 4366

Any 24v lithium charger will do it. It needs a charging voltage of about 29.4v like this one. Does it have the right connector? If not, which connector do you need? Whatever charger you get, check that the polarity mantches the battery with a voltmeter before connecting.
Genuine SANS charger for Lithium Li-Ion battery (e-bike/scooter etc) 24V / 36V | eBay

A cheaper one here, but you have to get a connector from Maplin:
Lithium Ion Battery Charger Li-ion LiPo 7S 24V 25.9V 29.4V 2A Wall Socket AC DC | eBay

One with a choice of connectors;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24V-1-8A-5A-Scooter-Lithium-Battery-Charger-Lifepo4-Battery-For-Ebike-Pedelec-/221325433627?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Battery_Chargers&hash=item3388061b1b

Last edited by a moderator:

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Thanks for that guys I'm on the case

CHARGER 1.jpg

Is this a fitting only found on an Urban Mover?

Last edited:

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
That looks very much like a microphone plug, as fitted to CB radios &, probably, lots of other gear.

It's similar to the battery plug on the 8fun kits, but that has 4 pins.

You should be able to pick one up at Maplins or ebay etc. but As D8veh Says...

Check your wiring carefully - Twice :eek: - before you connect it.

D

Deleted member 4366

Some other manufacturers use that. All chargers have the same two wires coming out of them. Only the connector is different. seeing as you already have the connector, you just cut it off (assuming that your present charger doesn't work), and join the two wires.

Now that you've shown that connector, does that mean that you already have a charger? Is it working, and,if not, did you check it with a voltmeter?

You can buy it here or from Maplin:
MIC PTT CB ? LOCKING AUDIO CONNECTOR 4WAY HIGH QUALITY 5A 50VAC CABLE CLAMP NEW | eBay

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Charger is burnt out probably due to wiring jobby. ;) not guilty

CHARGER 2.jpg

D

Deleted member 4366

Well at least you have the connector, so just get any 29.4v charger and join the wires. Naturally, you have to get them the right way round, which a meter will show you. The colours inside the black outer will probably be the same (blue and brown), but use a meter to e sure.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can use any 24v charger that charges at 29.4v up to 3 amps, You can get any connector in Maplin. You only have to put it on the right way round. If you can't solder yourself, I'm sure your wife, next door neighour, you brother or the bloke down the road will do it for you. Just be aware that the brown wire is normally the negative and the blue the positive, but always check.