WANTED : Giant Lafree Twist Lite Battery

Sav

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2006
Great Mongeham
Going back a bit as I've not been active on the board since it appeared that MP's expenses came before keeping my village Post Office open. I'm now back working in an office and it's too far for the bike.

Last time I replaced my cells about two years ago I used

these cells from USA.

Still going strong on the six mile ride to the pub I do once a week.

They also have these nowadays
My apologies if this is not relevant

Chris.

Last edited:

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
It sounds relevant to me :)

I didnt realise that the NiMH prices had come down again, and 10Ah, maybe theres a new lease of life on the cards for the Giant :)

John

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
My 2006 Giant Lafree Twist Comfort ST could do with a new battery. Do Giant still supply a replacement?

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
My 2006 Giant Lafree Twist Comfort ST could do with a new battery. Do Giant still supply a replacement?
Yes I understand you can still order genuine Giant batteries from Giant UK, sourced from Holland. However, I also understand that its only the 6.5Ah batteries.

Your local Giant bike dealer will quote and source one for you. FYI if you didnt know, you can get the motor sprocket from AtoB magazine too.

John

Last edited:

tolkien

Just Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Still to expensive

Thanks for the links Sav,

Flecc sent me some like this before. Unfortunately when you add on the shipping cost to the UK they come to $379 or £237 and thats without customs getting hold of them.

The Giant replacement is £250 from the dealer so it looks like the best option at the moment. ill look around for another week or two to see if anything pops up on ebay.

Thanks for the advice

Tolkien

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Theres also this from Holland. I dont understand the language but you can add to basket (Winkel Wagon), these being 9Ah for E295.

Giant Battery Cells?

John

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Giant have made some changes to the replacement Lafree batteries which might still be current. The cell pack comes from another company, the meter takeoff and thermistor placements are different and it's 9 Ah. I was able to see inside on of these recently when I sorted a charger problem for a Lafree user who had bought one of these new batteries. Hopefully it's what they are currently supplying.

Branwen

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2007
I bought a new 9ah battery and charger for my lafree twist lite, but have decided to sell them on. I will post the eBay link when I do. I need to find out about shipping costs first.

There is nothing wrong with the battery - It's the bike. No sooner did I get the new battery and the motor developed problems. Something is rattling in there and the motor stops working. Sometimes the rattling stops if you shake the bike around the right way, and the motor works again till the next time it happens, but it's a bother I could do without. I was going to get it looked at, but then hit a pothole in the rain which was deeper than I thought and the wheels need repairs too now.

All in all I've decided to cut my losses and sell the new battery and charger, the old battery which is dead but could be used for a re-cell, and the Lafree Twist Lite itself which has the faults listed but could be used for parts, most especially the hub, I imagine.

eltonh

Just Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Giant Lafree Twist Lite battery

Does anyone have a Giant Lafree Twist Lite Battery for sale?
hello,
i'm trying to get rid of my old Giant Lafree Twist Lite and get a new electric bike. so i have 2 batteries and 2 transformers. you're welcome to email me at eltonh@me.com.

heather elton