WARNING ebiketuning.com selling useless tools

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi all just a quick update for anyone who finds this thread and is having the same problem as I am.
I ordered the following tool from Amazon:

...only to find it doesn't fit either! The teeth look like they'd interface with the lockring but the spindle from the motor protrudes too far.

Could it be that I actually have a Gen 4 motor after all even though it says just Performance Line (and not Performance Line CX) on the casing? My bike is a 2020 Cube Acid Hybrid One 500.

Either way, I'll send this one back and I've emailed the company selling this tool to see if they can confirm it will work before I buy it:

Hopefully it will be a case of third time lucky, getting rather annoyed at my shiny new bike that creaks like a whorehouse mattress! I'll update the thread when I find out either way.
You can get a c-spanner on that one, which will be much cheaper than the Bosch tool.

Reactions: MJS_1066

MJS_1066

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 24, 2020
You can get a c-spanner on that one, which will be much cheaper than the Bosch tool.
Thanks... think I might even have one somewhere for an old set of Hagon shocks. Would you say using a torque wrench is essential for these lockrings?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Thanks... think I might even have one somewhere for an old set of Hagon shocks. Would you say using a torque wrench is essential for these lockrings?
i have one but never used it for the lock ring, and just a word of warning if you damage that lock ring i cant find one for sale.

if you have the cash get the proper tool ;)

Reactions: MJS_1066

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I have a lovely set of torque wrenches sitting in my tool cabinet, but I can't thing of the last time I used one. I think it was in 1988 when I put some new valves in my Fiesta. The torque wrench was needed for the stretch bolts because you have to stretch them the right amount. For normal nuts, bolts, retaining rings and things like that. I tighten them until they feel right.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited: