Waterproof Bike Covers.

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
I purchased a Bikehut waterproof bike cover from Halfords which works fairly well to keep the e-bike dry when parked. It is not perfect because the cover is too small to cover the bike completely and the cover does not have tying straps to keep firmly attached to the bike when windy! I think the cover might also help with bike security.
Does anybody have any experience of waterproof covers and is there any available which are large enough to cover the extended frame sizes of e-bikes that are also light weight and can be packaged into a fairly small package?

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Hi Dynamic,
I discovered the same problem with TOPEAK bike cover. I replaced with a motorcycle cover from

Oxford Products Aquatex Outdoor Motorbike Cover (Large) : Motorcycle Accessories : Bike Covers - Tyres Online)

At around £20, it is pretty much perfect for the job and seems to withstand most of our wonderful weather conditions ( Though my bike is now crammed into my porch because I felt sorry for it out in the cold.:D

There are various sizes so check which one fits your bike before you buy.

BW
musicbooks

Last edited:

vicwo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 16, 2009
Rotherham South Yorkshire
bike cover

I have just recieved a cover for my Smart car today and am very pleased with my purchase. Not cheap but well worth it. Look at Coverzone covers on the web and find the motorbike covers.

Vicwo

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This heavy duty one is for bicycles but as you can see from the folds in the illustration, it should be long enough. It's available from two sources, so one of them at least should be able to confirm it's length:

Source 1

Source 2

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
Thanks for the information on covers. I will give the Bikehut cover a trial before upgrading.

On the commute home from work today I was intrigued by the bike in front. It was an e-bike. Its only the fourth e-bike I have encountered and the first that I have seen on my commute route. I am now fairly familiar with different e-bike models, but I did not recognise this one. Black, 700 wheels, pannier rack, rear hub motor, large battery fitted behind seat post, appeared to be a few years old, nice looking bike.