Help! Waterproof connector for rear hub motor

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
I paid someone to convert a bike to an ebike

However, there's no plug in the cable that leads to the rear hub motor, ie one that is positioned a few inches from where the cable enters the hub motor. This makes removing the rear wheel for repairs etc a PITA.

The connectors are currently in the bag that houses the power controller, by the seat. It's not very practical because of all the cabling.

So I'd like to buy and fit a waterproof connector (or pay someone else to do it)

It's a 1500w motor with a 48v battery

Is there a generic type of connector, or would you need to know more about the type of motor etc?

Thanks for any assistance

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I paid someone to convert a bike to an ebike

However, there's no plug in the cable that leads to the rear hub motor, ie one that is positioned a few inches from where the cable enters the hub motor. This makes removing the rear wheel for repairs etc a PITA.

The connectors are currently in the bag that houses the power controller, by the seat. It's not very practical because of all the cabling.

So I'd like to buy and fit a waterproof connector (or pay someone else to do it)

It's a 1500w motor with a 48v battery

Is there a generic type of connector, or would you need to know more about the type of motor etc?

Thanks for any assistance
You could probably buy a new motor and controller with the correct connector cheaper than what it would cost you to have the connectors put on.

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
You could probably buy a new motor and controller with the correct connector cheaper than what it would cost you to have the connectors put on.
really?

Plus installation that would cost several hundred pounds

a connector probably costs a few quid plus half an hour of labour

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
really?

Plus installation that would cost several hundred pounds

a connector probably costs a few quid plus half an hour of labour
It would be at least an hours work and they'd want to charge you about £40 for the connectors/cable too. That's if they can find suitable connectors. The normal ones are only suitable for 1000w or 25 amps. You can just about get away with 30 amps.