We are family all of my sisters and me-but are we???

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Approaches from Brad Pitt lookalikes like .... AlMel will no doubt be welcomed
Unless I've very much got the wrong end of the stick, I think AlMel might be more of a Naomi Campbell lookalike ... pay attention 007 ;)

Brad Pitt lookalikes like Alex
Not quite - Rowan Atkinson might be a more apt analogy !

unfortunates like me will have our ears ringing with screams of 'dirty old man' or worse. 'Ows about that then? :eek:
Or to borrow a line from Dr Fassbender, renowned psychiatrist of "What's New Pussycat" fame ...

"Try to think of me as a kindly old man who has only your best interests at heart ...." ? :eek:

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Far too much thinking going on in this thread for me.

Motorhome drivers are the same for waving. One day I was that focussed on an approaching van I nearly ran into the back of a car that suddenly wanted to turn right. I stopped thinking about the whole business after that.

JimB

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2013
Derbyshire
Unless I've very much got the wrong end of the stick, I think AlMel might be more of a Naomi Campbell lookalike ... pay attention 007 ;)..........
Blimey - I sure got that wrong! I'm smiling...and nodding:p

Dunno why, I keep getting this image of a lycra shorted bearded old cyclist peering out from behind his bush saying 'can you tell what it is yet?'

JimB

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
Unless I've very much got the wrong end of the stick, I think AlMel might be more of a Naomi Campbell lookalike ... pay attention 007 ;)
Just mind whom you're poking with that stick, ducky!

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Far too much thinking going on in this thread for me.

Motorhome drivers are the same for waving. One day I was that focussed on an approaching van I nearly ran into the back of a car that suddenly wanted to turn right. I stopped thinking about the whole business after that.
That's a very good point Artstu,that also can happen.

Mountainsport.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I spent about 10 years working in London commuting from Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Harrow at different times. I now visit occasionally and enjoy it when I'm there. I do enjoy cycling in cities but now that is usually Exeter, Plymouth or Bristol. Especially fun on my powered Brompton. I now live in the middle of nowhere but would be perfectly happy living in a city one day.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I spent about 10 years working in London commuting from Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Harrow at different times. I now visit occasionally and enjoy it when I'm there. I do enjoy cycling in cities but now that is usually Exeter, Plymouth or Bristol. Especially fun on my powered Brompton. I now live in the middle of nowhere but would be perfectly happy living in a city one day.
Jonah,

Did you mean to live in a city,the middle of nowhere or to live one day in the city of London? :eek:
Anyway,hats off to you ten years is a very long time .

Mountainsport.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I like the west country, I could see myself living in Exeter or Bristol but not London now. Nice to visit though.

twain

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne, Aus
...In the meantime is someone going to get some badges made for this group....how about the Pedelec Massif or Hells Angels e-Bike Chapter?

JimB
I’m prone to a bit of zany humour occasionally; so just for the laughs, I might get a T-shirt printed with your suggested ‘Hells Angels e-Bike Chapter’ on it.

Heck, it might even help keep the Lycra's away.

Although not sure I would go as far as including the Angel's official logo though - that might be a step too far! :eek:

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
I’m prone to a bit of zany humour occasionally; so just for the laughs, I might get a T-shirt printed with your suggested ‘Hells Angels e-Bike Chapter’ on it.

Although not sure I would go as far as including the Angel's official logo though - that might be a step too far! :eek:
What about a Hi - Viz waist coat and on the back "Pedelec - Do it the Easy way".:)

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
I have to admit that after 40 years of motorcycling, I tend to acknowledge other bikers, mostly for the reasons Flecc alluded to earlier I suppose. It has become an almost involuntary synapse, and I'm not really aware that I'm doing it.

The worst part though is, especially if I have been riding my motorcycle a lot, that when I am driving the car, I find myself making involuntary nodding gestures at other motorcyclists! It's even happened when I am walking as a pedestrian. The sight of any motorcycle has me twitching involuntarily. There must be a proper medical name for this disorder, perhaps: CMAD, Compulsive Motorcycle Acknowledgement Disorder.

There, I have self diagnosed, and perhaps, invented a new illness!:p

Last edited:

JimB

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2013
Derbyshire

The worst part though is, especially if I have been riding my motorcycle a lot, that when I am driving the car, I find myself making involuntary nodding gestures at other motorcyclists!....
But if you've got the 'Think Bike' sticker on your car Eaglerider it's OK....it's like having the habit officially on prescription:cool:

Some thoughts on the Pedelec badges;

e-bikers do it with batteries!

AC/DC

e-Cyclist unplugged

For some areas of the North - e-up me duck

e-bikers keep going longer!

Maybe not:eek:

JimB

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I have to admit that after 40 years of motorcycling, I tend to acknowledge other bikers, mostly for the reasons Flecc alluded to earlier I suppose. It has become an almost involuntary synapse, and I'm not really aware that I'm doing it.

The worst part though is, especially if I have been riding my motorcycle a lot, that when I am driving the car, I find myself making involuntary nodding gestures at other motorcyclists! It's even happened when I am walking as a pedestrian. The sight of any motorcycle has me twitching involuntarily. There must be a proper medical name for this disorder, perhaps: CMAD, Compulsive Motorcycle Acknowledgement Disorder.

There, I have self diagnosed, and perhaps, invented a new illness!:p
That is so so true what you are saying, BUT! not too sure about your new medical invention though.:)

Mountainsport.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland

You'd also find it was a step too far to even include the words "Hells Angels"; they get quite narky about that, and not through the courts, either.