We are thinking of bringing these to the UK, what do you think?

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi all,

Please see this link: MobileMe Gallery for the A2B Velociti. Similar in frame design to the Hybrid 24 but with a throttle only.

We are thinking about bringing some into the UK, what do you as users think of it from the video?

Your comments are appreciated in helping us make a decision

Thanks
Mark

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I have had a look at The A2B Velociti on the web. Is it a bike with a 400 Watt motor and capable of 20 mph under power alone? If it is, the bike has no place in the UK. If, on the other hand it has been adapted for UK use, it looks OK.

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Your right, it will be 250W and limited to the legal 15.5mph...thanks for you comments. We have to commit to 56, so want to be sure we'll sel some before we just bring some in!

peasjam

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
I think they look really quite smart, the individual components look (as far as you can see in the video) to be of good quality. The attention to detail seems great, for example the battery case with power button, that makes it feel like a well thought out and put together product.

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
I think they look really quite smart, the individual components look (as far as you can see in the video) to be of good quality. The attention to detail seems great, for example the battery case with power button, that makes it feel like a well thought out and put together product.
Thanks for your input Peasjam, its appreciated

miker71

Finding my (electric) wheels
Looks good to me. If I was in the market for an ebike I'd definitely consider it.

I recently (within the last couple of months) got a black gocycle. Part of my rationale is that it's easy to pedal when the battery runs out. So although it has a pedal-assist range of approx 20 miles (which is quite low I believe) if I am caught short it's not a huge deal since I am reasonably fit.

Before I got the Gocycle I did look closely at the A2B offerings but ultimately concluded that they were too heavy versus the range (on paper). I'd also want to know I could pedal the A2B up a hill with a depleted battery, and I wasn't sure I could.

I'd class the A2B machines as closer to mopeds than bicycles. American muscle car vs European supercar. Both have their markets ....

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
I'd class the A2B machines as closer to mopeds than bicycles. American muscle car vs European supercar. Both have their markets ....
Thanks for your comments Mike, great to have customer feedback. Your right they are more akin to mopeds in their styling and weight. Although, a surprise to most we are a UK company and the designs are from Germany!
We have introduced the new Fast4ward range which are much closer to bicycles!

I hope your enjoying your Go Cycle!

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Looks a nice quality bike, could do with some more interesting colours other than black, be interesting to see how it's spec (weight, range etc) compare to other bikes, and it would be useful to know what the possibilities are for derestricting it or having an "off road" button for those who like a little more power on occasions

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
I do like the A2B styling. I was inches from buying one when I was first look for an ebike. This looks a lot like the hybrid/commuter A2B that was on show at the Gadget show last year. Looks nice in satin black (if thats what it is). Looks a lot lighter than the original A2B, but still a bit heavy for me I think though probably not much heavier than my fully loaded Wisper!

I've just clocked the bike without pedals on your website! That is a beast! 800W 48V, I bet that is fun to ride. (Though of course we are all socially responsible and wouldn't ride it on the roads in this country without insurance blah blah blah :)

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Looks a nice quality bike, could do with some more interesting colours other than black, be interesting to see how it's spec (weight, range etc) compare to other bikes, and it would be useful to know what the possibilities are for derestricting it or having an "off road" button for those who like a little more power on occasions
We will have the choice of White, Black, Blue and Red! Spec is going to be:
- 250w High Torque Motor
- Throttle
- 25-27kgs
- 20 miles throttle only
- De-restrictable by software to about 20-25mph

Again, thanks for your feedback

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
I do like the A2B styling. I was inches from buying one when I was first look for an ebike. This looks a lot like the hybrid/commuter A2B that was on show at the Gadget show last year. Looks nice in satin black (if thats what it is). Looks a lot lighter than the original A2B, but still a bit heavy for me I think though probably not much heavier than my fully loaded Wisper!

I've just clocked the bike without pedals on your website! That is a beast! 800W 48V, I bet that is fun to ride. (Though of course we are all socially responsible and wouldn't ride it on the roads in this country without insurance blah blah blah :)
Yeh, this is a version of the latest Hybrid 24. Instead of a TMM4 sensor it has the Throttle.

Yeh- the Excel on the website is great! It is classed as a fully electric scooter, and will have to be regsitered etc. But is great fun and extremelly smmmmmoootttthhhhhhh!