.... we need eBike reviews like this in the UK

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
be a bit weird if we were doing reviews in German in the UK :)

seriously though, you want to lend us a nice shiny new ebike, I'm sure lots of us could do nice video reviews for you.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Like many, I frequently look at online video bike reviews and so often I'm left wishing that the people making them didn't bother. A badly filmed review, is worse than no review at all.

I think that I could only lead to one other video that comes close to the quality of this one. :)

3.18secs was interesting in respect of a flat tyre. That is my one gripe with the BH, but isn't one worthy of mention. Considering the amount of off road riding that I do, and how wet and muddy the bike generally gets, it would be lovely to be able to just pop the back wheel out when I get a flat. Obviously this isn't practical, after all how many of us carry a torque wrench with us, and it's also easier to suspend the bike to remove the rear wheel.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Very watchable video, but I can't help thinking it missed a trick:

With the narration being in German, I can't be sure, but it didn't show anything to emphasise the advantage of an eMtb over a conventional Mtb.

In the review, not video, of a Scott e-aspect 910, in the e-mountain bike magazine posted earlier, 2 pro riders set out together on singletrack & the guy on the unassisted bike was left for dead, whilst the rider on the eMtb was able to perform jumps - Going Uphill!

THAT would sell the bike to me: If there had been 2 riders in that video, there would have been graphic proof of the advantage of assistance, even to a fit rider.

Other than that, it was good to see a eMtb actually coping easily with some unfriendly terrain & not just bowling along a flat track.