Week 16 or not, that is the question ?

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
According to the 50 Cycles website, it should be in stock in June....er, perhaps they mean next year?

I'm still waiting for a refund of my deposit on a cancelled Pro Connect. Even though I paid by credit card and asked for a refund nearly two weeks ago, I'm told (today) that they only repay by cheque and that the person who does that is um, out of stock at the moment. I think I recognise the symptoms of a company which, under intense pressure (in this case high demand), has seen its admin go to hell in a handbasket.
God Almighty! and here am I waiting for the refund of the entire price due to THEM cancelling the order...!

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
According to the 50 Cycles website, it should be in stock in June....er, perhaps they mean next year?

I'm still waiting for a refund of my deposit on a cancelled Pro Connect. Even though I paid by credit card and asked for a refund nearly two weeks ago, I'm told (today) that they only repay by cheque and that the person who does that is um, out of stock at the moment. I think I recognise the symptoms of a company which, under intense pressure (in this case high demand), has seen its admin go to hell in a handbasket.
It would be worth contacting your credit card company on this one. They should refund you and do the chasing themselves.

Beanie101

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2008
Verbier, Switzerland
God Almighty! and here am I waiting for the refund of the entire price due to THEM cancelling the order...!
I forgot to say - I'm told that 50 Cycles's answer to Bob Cratchit will be back with quill pen and abacus, ready to dust down the old pedestal desk on Monday. I wonder what the back office makes of the front office taking money by credit card, and so quickly, too? All this new technology must be very frightening.

Unless I'm seeing things, since I last posted a couple of hours ago, delivery in "June" on the 50 Cycles website has changed to "soon" (except for one model, which seems to have been overlooked). I hope "Monday" for the great reckoning doesn't similarly transmogrify into "some day". Spooky!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Poppy,
am I missing something? I thought you were still waiting for your bike?
It transpired there's now a Spanish distributor, so 50cycles could no longer supply direct. Unfortunately the price in Spain is very much higher, as it is in other EU countries generally, the prices from 50cycles being about the lowest around.

Yes, you read that right.

Beanie101

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2008
Verbier, Switzerland
It transpired there's now a Spanish distributor, so 50cycles could no longer supply direct. Unfortunately the price in Spain is very much higher, as it is in other EU countries generally, the prices from 50cycles being about the lowest around.

Yes, you read that right.
That doesn't make any sort of conventional business sense. Why would you underprice something that is as rare as rocking horse manure? Unless cash flow from deposits has, ahem, an allure that it would be entirely inappropriate for me to speculate on. I have given 50 Cycles until Monday to sort it out their way, and then I'll sort it out my way.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That doesn't make any sort of conventional business sense. Why would you underprice something that is as rare as rocking horse manure?
Nothing hidden, when 50cycles negotiated the exclusive agreement with Derby Cycles they obtained favourable treatment which gave us low prices and some excellent introductory offers.

That was before any orders of course, and before any waiting lists anywhere, since the models had only just been announced.

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
No, i haven´t the one you mention. The truth is that I´m not interested in it. Difficult to come by in Spain too. Mine has 5 sports. It´s quite basic. But I´m new to these gadgets myself so it suits me fine. Sometimes i play with my 31 year old son. Needless to say, he beats me every time.
As you know I´m an early retiree and, along with cycling, helps me kills the time.
I have that one too I think?
The one with the bowling, tennis etc?
My 28 year old son and I play on it too but he don't beat me, lol!!
It is fun and a way to let off steam and keep fit. I ache like hell after an evening on it!!!

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
WHAT THE HELLS GOING ON , I come to this thread looking for spleen, outrage, dissolution of civilisation (as we know it), and all I get is mimsey(I was going to say the gi**** word,) about helmets, wii, (not a clue what they are actually) and some gardening advertisements.Where is the coruscating attack on 49 Cycles for not having a tardis, where is the sneer for those who don't ride (I wont post that that's the sort of remark that probably started the fire at you know where in the first place.
Lets get real..Lady J and Me have just come back from India, there a 60 year old man one of hundreds, makes his living by renting a Tricycle in which two adults, and luggage sit and are driven 4 miles for 60 rupees thats
78p with tip a whole pound..bloody fraud..he had to get off and push up a very small hill, having no gears.

Hi Oldsoc
I guess peeps place a little light hearted stuff in to lighten the thread on occasions :D

I do appreciate what you say about the guy in India and no money etc and think we should count our blessings in that respect.

The WII is a games console, the one that you may see on the TV from time to time and is like a virtual reality thingy.

I really wish people could get there bikes when they are supposed to?
Mind you it would be a little boring on the forum as everyone would be out on their bikes and the posts would be empty!! :D

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
Wouldn't it have incurred a cost to them to refund a credit card payment by a cheque ?

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
Hi Oldsoc
I guess peeps place a little light hearted stuff in to lighten the thread on occasions :D

I do appreciate what you say about the guy in India and no money etc and think we should count our blessings in that respect.

The WII is a games console, the one that you may see on the TV from time to time and is like a virtual reality thingy.

I really wish people could get there bikes when they are supposed to?
Mind you it would be a little boring on the forum as everyone would be out on their bikes and the posts would be empty!! :D
Yeh, I was so adverse to waiting that I bought the Aggatu which was in stock instead of the Pro which had a waiting list..but I would never admit to anyone this fact..

When I was droving in Australia, I got taught a bit of philoshaphy..(but not spelling)

on hp If you wannit buy it, if you cant afford it give it back

do nothing in moderation life's too short

If you win, how d'yu know the others were trying

on wii ,there is a prog called TrackLogs (I first learned of on this forum, it's a mapping prog..with 3d, gradients, and you can buy ANY area you want. It is virtuall a biking game
you can try out any route you like..(lovely in the rain..without a fancy french hood(not an english hood which is a different game altogether)If I knew how to post hyperlinks I would do so, but am too embaresed to ask

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If I knew how to post hyperlinks I would do so, but am too embaresed to ask
Just copy the link from the site, open the reply box here and do your typing, then highlight the word(s) that you want to be the link.

Click the blue globe icon above the reply text box and on the box that opens, paste in the link and OK it.

Here's the link back to your post above, the link obtained from the Permalink on that post.

Last edited: