Well done the ladies today

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I must say that the ladies Olympic road race was so exciting,the ladies got their tactics right and the way the 3 leaders worked together to keep ahead of the peleton was an exercise of unselfishness and commonsense.
Thought the final result was fair Vos(Dutch) clearly had more power versus Armistead(UK) and the Russian girl did well to hang on.
At one point an Italian girl had a puncture and used her own support vehicle to slipstream and drag her back to the peleton,is that legal?
These ladies have got real guts!
Dave
Kudoscycles

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
no the push from behind was in no way legal!lol

my daughters an Olympic volunteer, and at Wimbledon in the Royal/celeb meet and greet team. Shift in royal box at the moment......No they know her dads an Irish Republican I wonder.....?:confused::p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Seconded Dave and Smudger, a far better race and the girls were brilliant in terrible conditions.

Yes, there was the odd cheat like the Italian competitor who had a lasting car slipstream tow, but justice was down since no places were gained by that.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Eddie,one of my guys has educated me on the gamesmanship of professional cycling....holding onto the wing mirror of a BMW whilst discussing tactics,causing a deliberate crash when your sprinter is dragging behind,adjusting the 'faulty' brake block whilst holding onto the BMW,surprising how long that takes!!!!!
But this was a rider 6" off the back of an estate car,doing 40plus kph for 5 mins being dragged back to the peloton,that can't be legal,can it?
Dave
ps....proud Dad,Eddie

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
no the push from behind was in no way legal!lol

my daughters an Olympic volunteer, and at Wimbledon in the Royal/celeb meet and greet team. Shift in royal box at the moment......Do they know her dads an Irish Republican I wonder.....?:confused::p
Did you equip her with a Republican tricolour to wave Eddie? :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But this was a rider 6" off the back of an estate car,doing 40plus kph for 5 mins being dragged back to the peloton,that can't be legal,can it?
It isn't legal and clearly against the rules, but the application of penalties always seems to be haphazard, the officials have to see it in person.

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009
I was in London earlier today so I stopped by at the Mall to watch the girls set off. Despite the rain, it was a super atmosphere with lots of happy smiley people from all over the world lining the streets and enjoying this 'free' event. I got chatting to a lady who was stood next to me who'd travelled over from Luxembourg. Her daughter was in the race! I didn't ask but I presume she couldn't get tickets in the official spectator area at the start/finish line - I really don't understand why competitors weren't given tickets for their families to watch them take part.

I agree with all the comments above - it was an excellent exciting race and very well done to Lizzie for picking up the silver medal.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Did you equip her with a Republican tricolour to wave Eddie? :D
Nooooooo...sins of the fathers and all that stuff!

she is on her way home and a bit overwhelmed...Was in players area and brushing shoulders with all the star players.

I did spot her at one point in Royal box and have to sit through 4 hrs of tennis with her when she gets in...An early nite calls me finks!lol:p

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
true the girls have got the guts to go it alone , Liz got the right lead thanks to Emma shame she couldn't have stayed with but she done well, sorry for the SKY lads who tried there best , ....why do we get lulled into a false sense of security resting on our laurels ..the other teams must have known how we plan our strategies. .some of them ride same Sky team......in the old days it was every man for himself .