Well, I've gone and done it...

Mister-E

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 19, 2016
Coventry
Firstly - hello from the Midlands! (Coventry to be exact)

I've just recently joined this forum and have been lurking daily since - soooo much useful information and experience to absorb :)

So today, I finalised the purchase of a Wisper 905 Torque with the 375Wh battery via the ProC2W scheme and Ebike Centres in Leicester. Very pleased, but now have to be patient whilst waiting for stock.
I'm aiming to use the bike primarily for commuting 7.5 miles to work which has some hilly parts that would just make my lungs burn like a forest fire if I were to try them on my existing bike.

My final shortlist was down to the Volt Pulse (which I still think is a great bike) or the Wisper 905 Torque, but during the test rides, the Torque won out!

Looking forward to my new bionic legs. ;)

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
Hello and welcome! I've just bought the sister bike (the 705 Torque) and am very pleased with it so far.

I agree with OldBob on tyre pressures - I find they do tend to go down quickly so it's worth building a couple of minutes into your schedule to top up your tyres before you set off to work. I'm keeping a foot pump with the bike so it really doesn't take long but I can easily be adding 20psi which would take a while with a hand pump, I suspect!

Do you have stuff to carry for work? If so, are you planning on using panniers?

Hope the wait is not too long - enjoy it when it arrives.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Bob and welcome to the Forum. Of course, I am delighted you went for the Wisper, thanks for the business.

Liam at Ebike Centres in Leicester is a star, certainly one of the best Ebike shops in the country. Plenty of choice and a superb knowledge of the market.

Sorry about the wait, the Wisper Torque bikes have really taken us by surprise in terms of sales volume, we have over four hundred bikes coming in September and the sister bike to your 905, the 705Torques were sold out from that delivery yesterday. Rest assured though that Liam has your 905 reserved. We will get it out as soon as possible.

Thanks again for choosing a Wisper, I wish you many years of happy cycling!

All the best, David

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I agree with OldBob on tyre pressures - I find they do tend to go down quickly so it's worth building a couple of minutes into your schedule to top up your tyres before you set off to work. I'm keeping a foot pump with the bike so it really doesn't take long but I can easily be adding 20psi which would take a while with a hand pump, I suspect!
your innertubes shoudn't lose air so quickly. Top up once a week is OK but you shouldn't need to top up every day. In my experience, Schwalbe innertubes retain air pressure quite well.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
your innertubes shoudn't lose air so quickly. Top up once a week is OK but you shouldn't need to top up every day. In my experience, Schwalbe innertubes retain air pressure quite well.
I confess I was surprised at how quickly they seemed to be losing pressure. Not sure what make the inner tubes are - perhaps David can confirm what's usually on there?

Mister-E

Jul 19, 2016
Coventry
Do you have stuff to carry for work? If so, are you planning on using panniers?.
Thanks Angelnorth for the useful suggestion on checking tyre pressure, I will keep an eye on that.

In terms of carrying stuff to work, yes, I'll be lugging a laptop and the usual paraphernalia that goes with it. I'm quite taken by the Vaude Cycle 28 pannier that converts into a backpack but am not quite decided yet and open to any recommendations - primarily needs to fit a 15.6+" laptop (standard 15" generally is too tight).

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
In terms of carrying stuff to work, yes, I'll be lugging a laptop and the usual paraphernalia that goes with it. I'm quite taken by the Vaude Cycle 28 pannier that converts into a backpack but am not quite decided yet and open to any recommendations - primarily needs to fit a 15.6+" laptop (standard 15" generally is too tight).
OK, I asked because the rear rack won't take panniers as-is because of the way the battery slots in. I know from previous discussion on here that there is a convertor though so I thought if you had prior warning you could ask for that and have it along with your bike so you're good to go from the outset. Either ask the bike shop to get it so it's supplied with the bike or contact David at Amps and he'll sort you out.

I'm not carrying much so I haven't gone the pannier route and wouldn't really need the backpack conversion if I did (although I confess I've looked at a few just because!) but somebody else might have recommendations.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Mister-E

Jul 19, 2016
Coventry
OK, I asked because the rear rack won't take panniers as-is because of the way the battery slots in. I know from previous discussion on here that there is a convertor though so I thought if you had prior warning you could ask for that and have it along with your bike so you're good to go from the outset.
Angelnorth, thanks for the heads-up. I do vaguely remember having seen this mentioned in another thread, but as I've been through so many threads in the last couple of week, it had not occurred to me to check when ordering. David has been in touch now though, so all is good.

Thanks muchly to you both.

Reactions: Angelnorth

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
Angelnorth, thanks for the heads-up. I do vaguely remember having seen this mentioned in another thread....
I suspect I only remembered having seen it because I ended up doing some jiggery-pokery with a trunk-style bag not long after reading the thread so it sort of cemented it. It only occurred to me after the fact that I may have been having a similar issue as the pannier folk.

Glad you're sorted.

Suseka

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2016
Norfolk
Hi Mister E and welcome.

Re the pannier discussion - when my partner got his 905se he was also given a set of double panniers which can be attached on the existing rack without the extension (which I have to say I'm not really a fan of -check out my avatar for an example of how it looks). His pannier straps with velcro front to back (not side to side) - if that makes sense and covers the battery quite neatly so most people don't even realise his riding a pedelac :)

Hope you get yours soon, but it'll be well worth the wait.

Reactions: Mister-E

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
Thanks Angelnorth for the useful suggestion on checking tyre pressure, I will keep an eye on that.
Quick update on my tyre pressures. It looks as if there was a problem with the tubes. David kindly sorted out some replacements for me, we fitted those yesterday and all seems well. So although keeping an eye is probably a good idea, at least to start off with, hopefully you'll find things OK.

Reactions: Mister-E