What a bike!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I had a test ride on the top of the range Wisper XC Tourer yesterday....What can I say, probably the nicest E bike (other then the X series Flyer) that I have ever ridden. It looks absolutely stunning in carbon, with carbon handle bars as well, pure class.......
The adjustable (from handle bar) air shocks are supurb, and it rides beautifully and smoothly with lots of power and the Alfina 8 rear hub is a dream.....

I really liked our 705/905 but this bike is so nice I really dont know what to do:confused:

Due to unforseen circumstances the Daahub bike will not be with me until tommorow....... watch this space!

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Eddie

It is rather special!

Unfortunately I am going to have to sell it now as the new SELs are coming in and I need to have a latest demo bike.

It is a few months old and has only done a few KM it has a brand new 15.4Ah battery. This is the last of the XCs, I should probably keep it for the Wisper Museum!!:D

906xc Tourer

The RRP is £2,499.00.

Is anyone interested in a bargain? It will be sold as new with a full 2 year warranty.

Best regards

David

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I would have bought this if it was not for restrictions set by new camper.......Absolutely smashing bike

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Very tempting, but I like the look of the new SEL bikes too!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Very tempting, but I like the look of the new SEL bikes too!
Indeed!...But I had tried one of the white Alpinos last year, but the 906 is so much nicer IMO.

Yes I would go for the SEL as its probably the most powerful wisper bike yet!

other then my specalized of course! lol

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
How much is it going for or is that too vulgar a question to ask on an open forum :)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Guys, sorry but the bike was sold this morning.

We may have two more ex demos coming up next month, Alpino 906 and 806 I believe, if there is any interest please email me at dmiall@me.com.

Best regards

David

Hymer1942

Pedelecer
May 29, 2011
Hello all, I bought this bike yesterday and have just done 25Ks and am I impressed, exept for one thing. THE SEAT. I will never get used to that type of seat so I would like to be pointed in the right direction for a good comfy seat that will allow me to stay on the bike longer. I will write a report on the bike when I have had it for a while, but first impression is first class,[ bear in mind its my 1st e bike ]. Barrie

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I am struggling with the new seat on my bike...The wisper Velo seats I always found comfortable, I would stick with it for a while before changing it...you may get used to it... lovely bike! green with envy, enjoy!

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Thats great Barrie. Look forward to hearing more. Perhaps you can include some photos as well ..

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Barrie it was good to meet you on Tuesday! The seat is a bit narrow for me too! I would recomend the Velo comfort or any decent Jelly seat, your local bike shop would be happy to advise. I will see if we have any in stock.

All the best and happy cycling!

Regards
David

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I'm going to give my seat one last chance this weekend:( as we are away riding on the "Downs way" this weekend

If I am still not used to it will order something else next week...So is the Velo plus comfort a good choice then? never had a problem with Velo plush on the wispers.....

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Hello all, I bought this bike yesterday and have just done 25Ks and am I impressed, exept for one thing. THE SEAT. I will never get used to that type of seat so I would like to be pointed in the right direction for a good comfy seat that will allow me to stay on the bike longer. I will write a report on the bike when I have had it for a while, but first impression is first class,[ bear in mind its my 1st e bike ]. Barrie
Great choice of e-bike Barrie. Look forward to reading about how you are getting on.
Choice of saddle is important, try to get one that suits you - although bear in mind they do take a few miles to bed in!

Hymer1942

Pedelecer
May 29, 2011
Hi all, after day one 15 miles full assist appeared to use a quarter of the battery. Day two 20 miles full assist the same, but have not charged and today I will do the same run to see what the battery has left as well it might be good to run the battery down to recharge from low. After I find out what the bike will do on full assist I will the do the same on throttle only. I live at Fleetwood so flat, but mostly always windy along the front. With full assist and just steady peddling 15 MPH seems easy for the bike. The mail reason I have bought a top of the range bike is I wanted to go out riding with some of my motorhome friends [ KEEN BIKERS ] when we are away so hopefully the 905 XC will do the job. Barrie

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Barrie, 20 miles on one ride? Fantastic especially as you haven't ridden for a while.

Thanks for the updates. The new 16Ah battery will serve you well.

All the best

David

Hymer1942

Pedelecer
May 29, 2011
Hi all, today ran the battery flat, started in Fleetwood went along the sea front into a head wind to Blackpool and back again and round the town the battery died after 60Ks say 37miles on full assist all flat running but as I said yesterday we nearly allways have wind here. I shall never do that sort of mileage in one go so the bike should serve me well. Tomorrow I will start the 2nd part of my test to see how far the bike will go on throttle only. The only winge I have with the bike is finding the right riding position, to get my legs extending right I struggle to reach the floor, I am 5ft 7" with 29" leg. but no big deal. Barrie

Hymer1942

Pedelecer
May 29, 2011
Hi all, Today went to Blackpool and back on throttle ony about 15 miles, will see to morrow how much more it will do. A small problem developed, on the rough surface along the prom the vibration caused the battery to loose contact, I will have to look at that. Barrie.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Ho Barrie

60km is about right on full power, that was a long ride! If you drop down to standard power (level 3) you should get nearer to 100km.

Re the loose contact, if the problem persists please let me know.

All the best

David

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
Hi all, today ran the battery flat, started in Fleetwood went along the sea front into a head wind to Blackpool and back again and round the town the battery died after 60Ks say 37miles on full assist all flat running but as I said yesterday we nearly allways have wind here. I shall never do that sort of mileage in one go so the bike should serve me well. Tomorrow I will start the 2nd part of my test to see how far the bike will go on throttle only. The only winge I have with the bike is finding the right riding position, to get my legs extending right I struggle to reach the floor, I am 5ft 7" with 29" leg. but no big deal. Barrie
I agree it is always windy in your area. The other week i rode from Samlesbury to thornton cleveleys. It was a 61 mile round trip and managed the first 38 mile minus 200 yds under my own steam. Coming back it was a gale force headwind !!! and i needed the help.
I will keep a look out next time i am there. Enjoy your bike !