What a difference a few degrees make

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Been busy this week with other things but today had a chance to take one of my E bikes out. The Powertrek where I have fitted the Li-Polymer 13Amp battery that came from Andy at Oxygen. Well, the bike just ran away with me as if I was fixed in a low gear and I can only put it down to a decent temperature and the fact that it was quite warm in the bike shed prior to setting off. All through the winter the bikes are out in the cold sheds. Maybe there is a point of keeping the batteries indoors when you are going to be using them on a regular basis.

Dave

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
They certainly do...but short lived it seems, as back to normal by the weekend apparently:rolleyes:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
loverly day spoilt a little by pig ignorant bus driver who decided to pull out while I was passing....... I caught up with him and threw a few choice word through his window and he leaned out pointing at bike screaming "they should not be on the road!"

Left the gloves oft today and its so nice to loose a layers of winter clothing and cycle in shorts yet again:p

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
loverly day spoilt a little by pig ignorant bus driver who decided to pull out while I was passing....... I caught up with him and threw a few choice word through his window and he leaned out pointing at bike screaming "they should not be on the road!"

Left the gloves oft today and its so nice to loose a layers of winter clothing and cycle in shorts yet again:p
You should have flashed your legs at that bus driver:D he might have punched your ticket for you:D

Don`t get those legs burnt:eek:

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Hello Dave,

And good to have you back again (even thought you hadn't gone).

The cold battery thing has been discussed over the past month or two, but unfortunately the conclusion seems to be that even if you keep them in the warm, it only takes 15 minutes in the chill wind for them to lose that 'zip'.

Do ordinary torch batteries react in the same way, I wonder.

A.