What are the Kudos bikes like?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The DUKE and DUCHESS will prove very popular in Holland,of course their smooth cycle tracks and flat terrain makes the spec ideal-they have retro e-bikes like these in Holland but not at this price level. The interest is such that I am looking at the next order,it would be easy to install suspension forks and 8 speed Nexus at minimal extra cost but don't you think it will spoil the character of the bikes- I think the 8 speed Nexus would be ok visually but suspension forks????????
Dave Elderfield
KudosCycles

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
looks like lots of initial interest in these bikes probably due to the price point.......will be interested to see how they perform when they actually become available and what warranty and service arrangements are put into place. any test bikes for scotland ???

regards

shep

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
I think it is the price point, but also the high component specification that makes these bikes very good value for money. Together with low priced batteries.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Dave I think you should do as you have suggested and for the UK offer the Duke and Duchess with the same fork and gears as your forthcoming Liberty . The 3 speeds and no suspension may be alright for Holland , but their roads must be better than ours and I`ve heard it`s pretty flat there !
Only this morning I have suggested your Liberty model to someone when she was really drawn to the Duchess model , this was purely because of those forks and lack of gears !
Do you offer test rides at your Premises for prospective buyers and are the Liberty and Duchess test machines there now ?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Roger...I have 120 Duke and Duchess bikes en-ship to us,so at this time it is not possible to put 8 speed hub and/or suspension forks on these bikes. We discussed both of these points at length at Kudos and I still think our decisions were correct.
3speed v 8speed hubs-I have ridden both Duchess and Liberty up a 10% hill. You would select lowest gear and max power on both bikes and both go up a hill the same-however the 8 speed allows selection of a higher gear as soon as the hill flattens out,but inevitably you soon change up to gear 3/4 or 5 which is similar to 2nd gear on the 3 speed hub. When the 8 speed hub is useful is when using the bike without power assist,but that defeats the object in buying a pedelec.However if sufficient interest I would build some bikes with 8 speed on our second batch,it would add about £80.00.
Suspension hubs-I agree our roads are awful now but I am afraid the artist in me thinks that suspension forks would wreck the retro appearance of these bikes,all the character would be lost.
You can have a test ride in front of our warehouse-any weekday. If you use google earth you can see our warehouse-Rally Design,Swalecliffe
Dave Elderfield
KudosCycles

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
So the carbon bikes arrive in June, what time in June please? I saw in another post that you have a place in London as well as Kent. So is it possible to test the bike in London? Or if I have to come down to Kent do you have any hills nearby that I can try it on, as riding around a yard is a bit limiting.....

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
I'm dittoing Eddio's question. (re can they been seen in London and at either location are there any hills to test them out).

I see what you mean about the susp. forks spoiling the look - its just living in such a pot-hole infested place means it makes a different to the ride.

I love the white front frame for 'shopping' btw!!!!!

Am confused WHEN I can test the Duchess. (sorry).

Congrats with it all - all looks so far to be very promising.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The Duchess is available for testing any weekday at our warehouse in Kent. We are mid way between Whitstable and Herne Bay. It can be a lovely bike ride on a nice day,there is a 10%hill,8%hill,several gradual inclines and a fast ride along the flat promenade,all directly by the sea.
If you google earth,Rally Design,you can view our location.
Any weekday,just ring up day before to make a booking.
I have ridden the Duchess so many times I really like it's simplicity,I am sure you will love it.
At the moment we are continuing our offer of £100 off advertised prices for prior orders prior to bulk delivery-no commitment we will only ask for payment details when the bikes are delivered. Courier delivery is FOC.
Have I answered all your enquiry-did we meet at the Tour de Presteigne?
Dave Elderfield
Kudos Cycles
ps-I tried to send this PM but your mailbox is full.

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
FunkyLyn,

Yes, the Tonaro Esprit seems to tick all the boxes apart from being a loooong way from me and the wait for it to arrive (probably be a delay too...!).

The reviews of their other bikes are just rave reviews, so that is very promising. They seem to be ticking all the boxes plus the price box.

I have to say I was impressed earlier reading their website and the diagrams showing their hill climbing abilities. Wow!

On their website mainpage they show the Esprit in pale blue but when you click that link it then shows it in white. Any idea what colours they are making them in?

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Thanks Dave,

Yes, sorry, my mailbox has been emptied now.

The offer of the £100 off is very tempting indeed.

Thanks for your reply.

Penny

albanydene

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 19, 2012
Does anyone have the kudos sport? If so, whats it like? :)
My brother and a friend both have the Kudo Sport. I have had a go on it and it is very good especially for the money. I have just bought a Kudos Touer Nexus 8, would have had a sport but the Tourer had mudguards,hub gears, panniers and a built in lock which was more suited to my needs. I only got mine last week from Kudos HQ and the sport then was on offer at £595 for the silver version, which I think is really good value. Ian