What cranks on Bosch?

ChilledMatt

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2017
King's Lynn
When cornering I tend to transfer weight to the outside pedal, this raises the inside pedal from obstacles and pushes the tyres into the ground giving more grip
You are actually lowering the centre of gravity to the bottom bracket, but it does feel like you are pushing the tyres into the ground.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Russelliow

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2017
iom
Well I tried it today and it's not a lot different. I will try some shorter cranks if I can find some and see what that does.

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Rick Bullotta

Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2017
USA
Don't forget the most direct effect on BB height : your tires. The actual tire size/profile may differ significantly from the advertised size, and you can gain or lose 1/2" or so depending on tire choice. FWIW, I bang cranks on rocks and roots on my Kapoho as well, with 3.0 Schwalbes, and the suspension properly set up at 30% sag. I suspect it's just a lower than usual BB height in the frame design to prevent the bike from being too "top heavy" from the battery.

• Agree
Reactions: RobF

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
My pedals keep hitting the floor on my KTM kapoho. I'm thinking about trying shorter cranks. What is the crank fitting called?

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk
I had to shorten my cranks for a different reason. A new knee that only bent to 90 degrees. The only answer was to highten the sadddle and have the cranks shortened from 175mm to approx 153mm. Around an inch. I sent the cranks away to a Welsh engineering company. Cost around £50 with postage. I used Highpath Engineering. You must have enough width on the cranks and the new threaded hole has to avoid the old one which is cut off and end reprofiled. Looks neater than other metods or shortening but is not reversable of course!

Related Articles

Advertisers