what do members think of the swytch kit

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
i can see this being very popular, but wonder what the front hub moter actually is and what the power output is in nm, and is there just one assist mode?
because its light and say being fitted to road/flat bar bike it would be fairly easy to ride if battery was depleted.
but not sure if there is an option to fit to bikes with front discs
the Halfords crossfire e folder is 32nm

D

Deleted member 4366

The motor is a Q85 or Q100, depending on the width. I saw that he also had the little Xiongda motors in a glass cabinet.

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
Hi Guys

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) Motor:
The motor used in SWYTCH is manufactured by Xiongda which has 30Nm torque, and allows the fitting of a front disc.
[The Brompton demos on the stand at the NEC used a narrow Aikema motor]

2) Power assist
There are 5 levels of power assist, 50,100,150,200 and 250W
It is a sine wave Lishui controller, there is an LCD upgrade option that can allow up to 7 levels of power assist

3) Lightweight riding with battery depleted
One of the main purposes of developing the SWYTCH was to make an eBike that still rides like a regular bike. When the power unit is removed the added weight is just 1.6kg and there is very little drag so it really is like having a regular bike.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
And a rear motor? You could call it the SWYTCH BACK :) but if you do I would want rights and all that... :D

Seriously who needs an LCD, just a button thing that shows the assistance level and if you must you can put battery bars on too - for marketing purposes.