What do you think of my new bike?

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I killed my previous BBS01B controller through inept wire stripping, or inept selection of ebay trash to attempt soldering on, inept soldering skills, or programming cable failure resulting in garbled comms and bricked controller.
(...)
so I jumped on the the opportunity provided by non-provable culpability to shake him down using a zillion long and highly negative reviews on Amazon as leverage. That's the sort of horrible customer I am
I think You have answered your own question why sellers don't want to give opportunities to fck things up to customers like you.

AntonyC

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2022
Surrey
As a real MTB it seems a bit heavy, long (less nimble) and undergeared.
As a pure commuter it's heavy with squishy forks and so-so (too short) mudguards.

With a stout frame and mid-drive as given it yearns to be a stylish utility bike with modest off-road ability, who could say no to that? OK for commuting, shopping, towing, gravel+ and with bar ends a spot of touring: a super-hybrid.

With that in mind I'd switch back to a short travel fork, the front mudguard should extend further forward and there need to be options of a top grade rack and mudflaps. A bottle mount and a simple side graphic to soften the look. Go mad, add a luggage block concealed by a badge ;)

@guerney At 9mph 720W might climb 11% or so, or 7% if towing 40kg, with help from an unfit 85kg rider, not bad from an all-rounder.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I think You have answered your own question why sellers don't want to give opportunities to fck things up to customers like you.
My bike isn't fcked up. My wallet wasn't either. We're all allowed to use leverage to our advantage when legal.

• Dislike
Reactions: AntonyC

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The new Woosh isn't an mtb, but hybrid style with + tyres. A do anything type bike that will cope fine on offroad tracks, the comfort tyres should give a good soft ride if psi is low .

Reactions: Woosh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I haven't had a puncture since using Marathon Plus, at any pressure but... at low tyre pressure, there is greater surface area of tyre in contact with the ground - does cycling with tyres at lower pressure increase the likelihood of punctures?

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not on the + tyres , possible only pinch puntures if one isn't careful about weight shifting if curb hoping. Pinch puntures are more likely on non + tyres.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
@guerney At 9mph 720W might climb 11% or so, or 7% if towing 40kg, with help from an unfit 85kg rider, not bad from an all-rounder.
There are so many threads started by people contemplating illegal motor conversions, or buying illegal mopeds. Would an unfit 25 stone/159 kg rider think performance was "not bad"? Those people deserve a shot at increasing their fitness through regular use of a legal pedelec. Useful bikes get used regularly, not used a couple of times then stored until the battery dies (fair few threads about that too).

Last edited:

AntonyC

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2022
Surrey
Guerney said: "If your bike can cope with 20A 48V reliably, it'd suit..."
"people deserve a shot at increasing their fitness through regular use of a legal pedelec."

I heartily agree, and "maximum _rated_ continous power" suggests others do too. With a 20A controller limited to 25kph the bike would be legal but cost more with fewer customers benefitting and the vendor might be less happy to rate it at 250W.

Living on the downs I'm one of those few, but that's unusual and so is 25 stone. The strongest "popular MTB" here will carry a 25 stone rider wearing just shoes. An affordable strong legal decently performing bike with versatile standard fittings for easy upgrade would be great, and with accessible electrics brilliant. It's looking promising....

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
25 stone rider wearing just shoes.
This caused a horrifying mental image of Rapid Fatso I can't unsee. I was traumatised already.

it's difficult to say if the M100 from Ananda will cope with 20A. I believe in not pushing things until they break, leave alone the question of how to sort out whose liability it is for the broken kits. Also, I think 48V 15A, that's 720W input, is equivalent to the Boasch Performance and more than enough to climb hills with a crank drive.
Break 5 controllers and take a stab at approximating the exponential(?) curve of controller failure risk? Might give you an idea of what to expect when owners make firmware changes.

With a 20A controller limited to 25kph the bike would be legal but cost more
@Woosh could offer two versions? He could charge more for the added risk of controller burnout, for the UK road legal 960W :oops: 20A version? I fully support the idea of extremely fat unfit people attempting to become less so through exercise, having been fat many times myself. When people post umming and ahhhing about whether this bike or that will or won't get their heavy unfit selves up some steep hill or other, we can simply say "Get the Woosh Big Torquer!" But it's your money and opportunity not mine, I'll stop going on about it.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am a risk averse person. Also, I can't knowingly create a potential trouble spot for Andy here who has to sort out problems later.

Reactions: flecc and Nealh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I am not in position to decide if what you did was a blackmail or not, but the way I see it, it was a nasty and unethical.
Yes, that sounds like me. I will strike again.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Az.

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
What about Torquere?

Latin torquēre
The term torque (from Latin torquēre, 'to twist') is said to have been suggested by James Thomson and appeared in print in April, 1884.

Nice bike, its good to see different systems being used, i prefer the traditional rear rack set up.

I wonder if it is worth putting bearings for all your motors on your website, NTN ,SKF and Enduro bearings are good.

I would also stock blind bearings removal tools and a video on how they are used.

Thanks for your support on the forum.

Reactions: Woosh and guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I don't want to be accused of unfunny frivolity so I'm certainly not going to suggest the promotional video for this bike starts with an establishing set of shots featuring a 6 stone weakling easily zooming up a steep hill with a massive smile on his/her face, with a cover version of Captain Peacock's one hit wonder playing in the background singing ♫ Happy Happy Happy Torquere ♫. I fear that'd get me banned. The MIDI file for this song is out there, @soundwave could mix it for you. I don't know how much he'd charge, you'd have to enquire. If you have to enquire you can't afford it.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: jimriley

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Interesting read and useful experience of a bike that is now 2-3 years old. Thank you lenny.

Last edited: