what long sleeved thermals/base layers are you brave comuters using

Discussion in 'Electric Bicycles' started by footpump, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Big Malky

Big Malky Finding my (electric) wheels

Or if you want to go off-roading try an army combat helmet cover on a BMX helmet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. PatH

PatH Finding my (electric) wheels

Nothing special, I realised ages ago that bike specific clothing is a bit hit and miss, I had an expensive Altura rain jacket that was coming apart after just a few uses, a Merino top from Aldi that was never comfortable and shrank in the wash, padded shorts that were impractical.

So these days I'll just wear a pair of pyjamas underneath some loose fitting combat trousers if it's really cold. My trusty Dr Marten's which I've waxed a few times so they are totally waterproof, pair of ten quid gloves, and a woolly hat!

I did pay quite a bit for a Helly Hansen Moto Jacket, but it has been great, three years old now and still going strong, very well made.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. awol

awol Pedelecer

+1 for EDZ layering (based in Cumbria) base layers or Endura lycra base layer under a thin top, then topped off with a cheap padded Dunlop hi-viz work jacket from Sportsdirect, non breathable but very warm in these low temps. As for overtrousers my best purchase this year is Gelert walking overtrousers which are lined to keep the cold off my knees, also from Sportsdirect. Also to avoid a headache a helmet rain cover to keep the cold wind and rain off my head.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #23 awol, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  4. Trevormonty

Trevormonty Pedelecer

Shorts and tshirt, then it is summer here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice