What's in a Name? Or, We Want Our Name Back!

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Yes, I think pedamo doesn't flow easily enough, but does sound vaguely Italian (depending how you pronounce it!).

I really like PET: what do you think of pet-bike or bike-pet, flecc, as an option in case there is a problem with PET and/or to allow other PET family members? It would likely become shortened to PET anyway for our bikes.

Gives a whole new meaning to taking the "pet" out for a run :D.

Stuart.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I prefer just PET, Pet-bike and Bike-pet especially would be a bit too "twee" for many people who just wouldn't be comfortable using it.

Also Bike-pet sounds too much like some of the odd names that the Orientals have coined for their products in the past. Remember "Lucky Goldstar" (which became Goldstar and is now LG) and the Datsun Cherry, and numerous others.

They sometimes work though, as in "Walkman".

Certainly PET is as easy to use as all the other successful vehicle names I listed at the start of this thread.

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Yes, I see what you're saying. We wouldn't want people thinking it was some sort of "tamagochi" bike now, would we? ;) If just PET is free to be used, that's probably best and I prefer that - a real "pet" name for our bikes! :D

What does anyone else think/feel about PET?

Last edited:

Miles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
OK. How about PLEB. :)

Personal Light Electric Bike
Hehe....:)

Or: P.E.L.T. [Personal Electric Light Transport]
P.E.R.T. [Personal Electric Road Transport]

Re. "PET" - "I'll be back later, dear, just going out for a petting session.." :D

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
hahahahahaha!

PLEB is good flecc ;).

"petting" session... :D that's just hilarious, Miles!

The "P" acronyms are a potential goldmine for fun names, I sense... :D.

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
What about a Protanium Electric Personal Transport and Intra-muscular Development Enhancer?

Then when you ride in a group you'd be a polyPEPTIDE chain :rolleyes: :D.

(ok, that's a bit too far-fetched :rolleyes:.)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There's always PRAT

Personal Rider Assisted Transport.

As in "Hey, look at that prat". :D

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
:D or for prospective buyers who "feel like a PRAT"!

...and the bike that always feels most at home travelling distant lands, the Extended Personal Assisted Transport, or EX-PAT :).

Miles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
:D We're all on form, this evening........

Any "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" fans, out there?

Last edited:

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Yes - the thread title should be "Who's name is it anyway?"! :D

I think I'm betraying some of my old Radio4 listening habits :) I did use to listen to some of the comedy quiz shows & the one you mention was one of my favourites :). I think they're on BBC7 radio (freeview) too sometimes.

Miles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
We'll be playing "Mornington Crescent", next - using the "inverted flecc variant", of course..:D