What's the optimum PSI?

E Moses

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
UK
My bike has 26" x 4" Kenda Juggernaut fat tires, I'm 83kg and my daughter is about 21kg. What's the best PSI For me alone, and for both of us together?

20 PSI is my current setting. I ride almost exclusively on paved roads.

Thank you!!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
My bike has 26" x 4" Kenda Juggernaut fat tires, I'm 83kg and my daughter is about 21kg. What's the best PSI For me alone, and for both of us together?

20 PSI is my current setting. I ride almost exclusively on paved roads.

Thank you!!
you can go as low as 12 psi but if you have suspension fork, for road use, 20-25 psi will save a fair bit on battery.

Reactions: E Moses

E Moses

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
UK
you can go as low as 12 psi but if you have suspension fork, for road use, 20-25 psi will save a fair bit on battery.
Yes, the bike has adjustable/lockable 80mm suspension fork and I tend to leave it on at all times.

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

E Moses

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
UK
Some rolling resistance figures on this link.

Seems the Kenda tyre is a poor performer in fat bike terms, but 20psi will make the best of a bad job.

Could be worth changing to Schwalbe Jumbo Jim when the Kendas are worn out.

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/fat-bike-reviews/kenda-juggernaut-pro-2016
Ah, the good old "I love upgrading"!! ;) I had Kenda tires on my full-suspension mountain bike and they endured everything I threw at them. Still in a good shape. Given my e-bike riding style, I'm certain the current tires will be just fine and will last for a long time.

Reactions: Gringo
D

Deleted member 22539

Ah, the good old "I love upgrading"!! ;) I had Kenda tires on my full-suspension mountain bike and they endured everything I threw at them. Still in a good shape. Given my e-bike riding style, I'm certain the current tires will be just fine and will last for a long time.
To be fair he was on about rolling resistance not how long they will last
I also thought you were on about the tyre pressures to make riding easier especially on the road
Tyre pressures are to a point a personal thing obviously in the parameters of the tyre
So if I was you look at the side wall and pump them up to the max recommended pressure and go from there
They will definitely roll better harder are or you after comfort

• Agree

Chris.

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2018
UK
sorry about the chart didn't realise but I will say with fat tyres you will get better speed and durability with tubeless and you will also get faster speeds with less pressure