Wheels, Paris, Barcelona and other trivia....

catsnapper

Pedelecer
After innumerable false starts we finally Eurostarred our way to Paris yesterday, to pick up the overnight hotel train to Barcelona - via a couple of bikes shops and the occasional street cafe:)

The usually tedious wait at Gare d'Austerlitz was more enjoyable than usual. A reasonably well tuned piano had been placed in the main seating area, waiting for any passing virtuoso, although the wait was quite short...
A variety of young and not so young pianists had a go, but the highlight was an incredibly talented young Chinese guy, he really put on a show, then wandered off to catch his train home.....

We're here for the next 7 weeks working on a fairly major film and photography project (my 'other' profession!) about the Spanish Civil war. With strong family connections to the events back then, it's good getting back to the project after a longish break.

We're also setting up a branch of the wheelbuilding business and looking around plenty of bikes shops. Unfortunately I've no spoke machine here, so if anyone is in urgent need of spokes I'm sorry, but there will be a longish delay.

I know the heat is bulging up from Spain to the UK, but the hot air moving up from Africa to Spain is really sending the temperatures flying, I'm glad we're not further south!

My Spanish wife is complaining about the heat, describing it as 'panties only' weather....I assume she means indoors....I know it's fairly standard wear in Madrid during August, looks like the fashion is spreading to Barcelona....

If it keeps like this tomorrow, we might be forced to spend some time at a beach bar studying what they're wearing on the beach and any passing e-bikes........sometimes the land of mañana has some advantages:)

Best,

Alan